Great Documentaries... (1 Viewer)

9757533d48cde8117a82e7435747f0f435bf6e1ae6deef72e7af7d0e398ef974-770x443.jpg

13th_peabody_2016_winner-titlecards.png

Absolute must see.

Im trying out curiosity stream. Ill keep you guys posted. There is some interesting stuff but this isn't big budget docs that I see so far. Probably worth the 2.99 for a while anyway though.

Flint town on netflix was outstanding. I wouldnt be surprised if it wins some awards.

It gives you insight into other problems in the city of Flint, and perspectives from local police.

Its a must watch

Flint town on netflix was outstanding. I wouldnt be surprised if it wins some awards.

It gives you insight into other problems in the city of Flint, and perspectives from local police.

Its a must watch

Yeah this is a good one. Very eye opening. Just goes to show how hard it is for cops in high crime areas to be as tough as they need to be, while still maintaining peace in the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icarus on Netflix about the Russia Doping Program is a worthy watch

Just started watching this last night. Phenomenal watch.

I watched it this week. It was worth the time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just watched this. Subtitles helped me through the thick Russian accents. Fascinating. The extraordinary measures taken to cheat are beyond belief. And very disturbing from a political P.OV.

Its a must watch
Watched it. Such a good doc about the demise of an American city.

Also watched Icarus about 3 weeks ago. Amazing just how organized the Russians were with doping and how they were always one step ahead of the investigators up until 2016.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

i’ve been watching “wild wild country” on netflix. this has one of the most exciting storylines of any documentary that i have watched.

unfortunately, this is the most boring documentary i have watched. i give it two thumbs down.

i’ve been watching “wild wild country” on netflix. this has one of the most exciting storylines of any documentary that i have watched.

unfortunately, this is the most boring documentary i have watched. i give it two thumbs down.

I was actually going to check it out after this glowing review from The Atlantic. Are you saying 'meh'?

If Wild Wild Country were just the story of a cult gone wrong, it would still make for compulsive viewing, because its story is just that extraordinary. But the Ways have a broader focus, considering the eternal clash between church and state, the tendency of power to corrupt, and the strangeness of a period in American history that saw such a proliferation of false prophets and corrupt evangelists. They also display a deftness with craft, splicing their hours and hours of footage into a series that continually defies expectations. (The exceptional score by the third Way sibling, Brocker, amps up the series’s atmosphere and tone.) “It was like a beautiful Fellini movie,” is how Sheela describes the group’s arrival in Oregon. But the real story, rawer and darker than any dramatization, is far more enticing.

https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...dboggling-story-of-the-cult-next-door/555791/

double meh. the town resident interviews are pretty good, but the cult member interviews are wake-me-up-when-done.

my biggest complaint is that the documentary could have been 1/2 - 1/3 of what is shown. way too drawn out.

10-4.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom