Reaction score
New Orleans Pelicans 104
Orlando Magic 86

Trey Murphy III 20
Nickeil Alexander-Walker 19
Jonas Valanciunas 13
Kira Lewis Jr. 10

I know this was just a preseason but man I love the makeup of this team. Last year we wouldn't have won any game pre or reg. season without both Zion and BI. But with the resurgence of Nickeil Alexander-Walker, the upgrade at center with Jonas Valanciunas, and oh my GOD the 3 point shooting of Trey Murphy III. Do y'all realize Trey (perfect name) in two preseason games has 41 points, 12 rebounds, he's 14-29 FG (48.3%) and a phenomenal 12-19 3PT (63.2%), I know he can't keep that torrid pace up but I believe Murphy is going to shoot in the high 40 to 50% to provide the space for Zion and BI to operate. NAW look like he's been working on his game he has the skills and the potential to average 20+ points and also Willie Green has already put his mark on this team he has them playing defense, scrambling around with a log of energy. And when Green draws up a play coming out of a timeout they actually execute it and with Graham, Lewis Jr., Satoransky, Hart, Temple, Marshall, Jones, Hayes and Hernangomez buying into the system and doing their part this team has the making of a playoff team. And with Brandon Ingram dedicating his offseason to adding muscle, getting stronger to handle the physicality of the paint and Zion Williamson adding a floater and midrange shot to his repertoire only makes him more deadly. Now only if BI and Zion will be that committed to playing defense that would bring their games to another level and turn this middle of the lottery team to a playoff team.

New Orleans Pelicans 104
Orlando Magic 86

Trey Murphy III 20
Nickeil Alexander-Walker 19
Jonas Valanciunas 13
Kira Lewis Jr. 10

I know this was just a preseason but man I love the makeup of this team. Last year we wouldn't have won any game pre or reg. season without both Zion and BI. But with the resurgence of Nickeil Alexander-Walker, the upgrade at center with Jonas Valanciunas, and oh my GOD the 3 point shooting of Trey Murphy III. Do y'all realize Trey (perfect name) in two preseason games has 41 points, 12 rebounds, he's 14-29 FG (48.3%) and a phenomenal 12-19 3PT (63.2%), I know he can't keep that torrid pace up but I believe Murphy is going to shoot in the high 40 to 50% to provide the space for Zion and BI to operate. NAW look like he's been working on his game he has the skills and the potential to average 20+ points and also Willie Green has already put his mark on this team he has them playing defense, scrambling around with a log of energy. And when Green draws up a play coming out of a timeout they actually execute it and with Graham, Lewis Jr., Satoransky, Hart, Temple, Marshall, Jones, Hayes and Hernangomez buying into the system and doing their part this team has the making of a playoff team. And with Brandon Ingram dedicating his offseason to adding muscle, getting stronger to handle the physicality of the paint and Zion Williamson adding a floater and midrange shot to his repertoire only makes him more deadly. Now only if BI and Zion will be that committed to playing defense that would bring their games to another level and turn this middle of the lottery team to a playoff team.
I'm thinking this will be a fun season. Pels need one!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom