Great move by Vince Young (1 Viewer)

whodat0921

Nashville Who Dat
Reaction score
Wow. A really class act by Vince Young being their for McNair's two young sons:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4480272

"Those are my boys," Young told the Tennessean. "I wouldn't say it was to pay anyone back; it was just out of love. Steve would do it for me. He pretty much did it for me when I was growing up. I have a history with the boys and I want to do anything I can. I am their big brother."

Wow. A really class act by Vince Young being their for McNair's two young sons:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4480272

"Those are my boys," Young told the Tennessean. "I wouldn't say it was to pay anyone back; it was just out of love. Steve would do it for me. He pretty much did it for me when I was growing up. I have a history with the boys and I want to do anything I can. I am their big brother."

Great find. That is moving...wow.

Great move by Vince, thats the kind of players we need in the NFL today.

My views of VY has changed. I never hated him, but felt that he was getting too big headed after his rookie year. The guy matured and happy to see that he's making things positive for himself and others. Great job VY.

Props to VY. :9:

My views of VY has changed. I never hated him, but felt that he was getting too big headed after his rookie year. The guy matured and happy to see that he's making things positive for himself and others. Great job VY.
Just what I was thinking. I always got the impression that he was a "woe is me" type of guy and this really changed it for me.

Great move by Vince. It doesn't surprise me in the least given the relationship he shared with McNair.

People like Young take a lot of heat in the media and on internet message boards because they let their play slip a few notches, or they are "overhyped," or make sometimes ridiculous statements about being in the Hall of Fame. But it's important for us as fans to realize that in most cases the person you watch as an athlete is not the person you would know off the field, and fans need to be able to separate the two and understand that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom