Great New Orleans restaurant ? (1 Viewer)

For something "different" try Root. Really good food coming out of their kitchen and it will definitely be a "fun" dining experience.

I would suggest that a person who doesn't know which kinda upscale place he wants to visit in NOLA might want to stay a little more traditional than ROOT. It's not an entry level semi-fine dining establishment.

I'd suggest one of the old line classics from Commanders to Galatoires or the have to go at least once places or one of the newer NOLA classics like August or even the new Rest Revolution. If he's not wanting to drop $500 for 2 people then maybe Lilette uptown or anything else that doesn't serve smoking cigar boxes of food.

Or, if that's what he wants, then do Stella instead of Root.

Really impressed with the Chophouse

Actually, we were there around the 9ers game maybe and it was very good. I was surprised. The kids were starving walking back from the dome and our friends' kids are meatetarians so they were begging. I thought not some new chain steakhouse in NOLA, why???????????????????????

but it was good. Very good as a matter of fact.

Last time I saw him he was 16 beers deep at Endymion and speaking some sort of combination of English and well........not English.
Maybe he will answer tomorrow morning before the parades start then. LOL! I am assuming the OP wants a nice Valentines dinner with his love. There is plenty of time yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom