Great New Orleans restaurant ? (1 Viewer)

TruSaint

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for somewhere different to bring my girl, something kinda fancy, any suggestions

The more specific you are regarding price, style, location, etc. the better suggestions you'll get.

Price isn't really an option just whatever, looking for decently high end fancy place, something between a mix of Ruth Chris and baru which is a Latin American Mediterranean place on magazine

Price isn't really an option just whatever, looking for decently high end fancy place, something between a mix of Ruth Chris and baru which is a Latin American Mediterranean place on magazine

Well, you picked a wide range there and were nearing 1,400 restaurants in the city so..... You've cut the list down to a few hundred options.

Do you want traditional? Trendy? Quirky?

Steak? Ethnic? A great wine list? Seafood?

Uptown/midcity Neighborhood establishment or downtown vibe?

Perhaps LaBoca? Steakhouse of South American heritage in the CBD so it kind of splits the difference between Ruth Chris and baru on all fronts

It's really good.

For something "different" try Root. Really good food coming out of their kitchen and it will definitely be a "fun" dining experience.

For something different try Root. Really good food coming out of their kitchen and it will definitely be a "fun" dining experience.

I've seen some love it/hate it responses. Might want to check out what they are doing to see if its up your alley. I like it, for what it's worth but not everyone's into foie gras cotton candy. Its good, but not for everyone. Can be a little hit or miss on the adventurous dishes, and i think they get a bit over rated based on being weird but its good. The bar menu is pretty solid too.

I did a lot of reading And was considering trying Cochon because I've heard it's great but my girl kind of was a little weary if she would like all the rabbit livers and Cajun stuff so we are just going to Ruth Chris, thank u so much for ur help guys, happy Maris gras

I did a lot of reading And was considering trying Cochon because I've heard it's great but my girl kind of was a little weary if she would like all the rabbit livers and Cajun stuff so we are just going to Ruth Chris, thank u so much for ur help guys, happy Maris gras

Happy Mardi gras! (And if your down for steak, look at laboca - it might be just adventurous enough for you but safe enough for her)

I've seen some love it/hate it responses. Might want to check out what they are doing to see if its up your alley. I like it, for what it's worth but not everyone's into foie gras cotton candy. Its good, but not for everyone. Can be a little hit or miss on the adventurous dishes, and i think they get a bit over rated based on being weird but its good. The bar menu is pretty solid too.
My experiences have been pretty much the same. Some home runs, but a couple of misses as well. I also don't find the food as wildly inventive as many profess it to be, but maybe I'm just jaded because I'm a cook and see and read more about whats happening all around the culinary world. It's definitely very different for New Orleans though, and Im really glad to see a place really attempting avante garde food in the city now. In a city with so much fantastic food this was just about the only type of restaurant New Orleans was missing.

Ruth's Chris sounds like a good choice for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom