Great NFL.com article on Dennis Allen and the defense (1 Viewer)

I don't think so. I think owners know a good coordinator doesn't make a good HC and I don't know he does all that well without the great draft classes of Ireland.
Well from that article he's a guy who interviews exceptionally well, and possesses excellent communication skills. He was a long shot for the Oakland job but blew away the Raiders brass in the interview process.

Also according to Payton he's had tremendous input and say in acquiring and assembling the Defense as it stands now.

Adds Payton: "We're in one of these industries that, by nature, can be very non-trusting. Dennis has got a tact about him that disarms people in a cordial way, in a very positive way. That goes a long way in any business. He is one of those guys who's secure in his own skin and is going to interject at the right time."

Which leads me to believe that Allen had a big voice in the acquisitions of Demario, Klein, Apple, and the Drafting of Rankins, Bell, Lattimore, Davenport even if he didn't scout them alone.

In a world where Adam Gase, Zac Taylor, Kliff Kingbury, and Freddie Kitchens are currently holding Head Coaching jobs, someone with as much Football acumen, and social intelligence as Allen will get a Second chance, it's only a matter of time.

I don't think so. I think owners know a good coordinator doesn't make a good HC and I don't know he does all that well without the great draft classes of Ireland.

If he leaves who’s to say he doesn’t try to take Ireland with him along with other key assistants. I’d rather him stay but it’s his life and vision for it.

Jus imagine though if he takes

Curtis Johnson -Senior O Assistant makes him Offensive Coordinator

Joe Lambordi -QB Coach and makes him Passing Game Coordinator/Asst Head Coach

Nelson or Nolan for D Coordinator

We could lose 2-4 coaches if he chooses I believe , I don’t think he would take more as a sign of respect To Sean

These would be big hits the reason we were able to go on that 5 game win streak had a lot to do with those 4 guys mentioned . Our success on Offense since 06 has worked best when Johnson,Carmichael and Payton worked together. I won’t even get into Nolan and Nelson just look at the Dline and LBs plus their resume.

If he leaves who’s to say he doesn’t try to take Ireland with him along with other key assistants. I’d rather him stay but it’s his life and vision for it.

Jus imagine though if he takes

Curtis Johnson -Senior O Assistant makes him Offensive Coordinator

Joe Lambordi -QB Coach and makes him Passing Game Coordinator/Asst Head Coach

Nelson or Nolan for D Coordinator

We could lose 2-4 coaches if he chooses I believe , I don’t think he would take more as a sign of respect To Sean

These would be big hits the reason we were able to go on that 5 game win streak had a lot to do with those 4 guys mentioned . Our success on Offense since 06 has worked best when Johnson,Carmichael and Payton worked together. I won’t even get into Nolan and Nelson just look at the Dline and LBs plus their resume.
He can't just take Payton's staff without Payton's approval. I guarantee you Payton is not letting the staff go that he put together after getting rid of the Joe Vitt crew that has elevated this team to where they are today.

At first, I was really upset we promoted him to replace Ryan. I thought, after he flopped in Oakland, he wouldn't be a success in Nawlins. Thought there were better candidates out there. Now, I'm glad we got him.

I felt exactly the opposite. I felt what we needed most was someone that would have Coach Payton's full trust, so he can design a scheme and propose how to build it.

In Allen we got just that. Payton knew him quiet well. They have worked together and Payton knew Allen learned well with Gregg Williams.

I am sure when time comes, Coach Payton has more then one option for someone to promote and continue what Allen has built.

I am not worried right now on losing coaches, both at offense and defense. And that, is a good thing.

I felt exactly the opposite. I felt what we needed most was someone that would have Coach Payton's full trust, so he can design a scheme and propose how to build it.

In Allen we got just that. Payton knew him quiet well. They have worked together and Payton knew Allen learned well with Gregg Williams.

I am sure when time comes, Coach Payton has more then one option for someone to promote and continue what Allen has built.

I am not worried right now on losing coaches, both at offense and defense. And that, is a good thing.
I'm right there with you. I actually wished Payton would've just fired Ryan the second he brought Allen in. He's the first DC we've had since 3G that Payton is comfortable with letting them run the D and just getting out of the way - and it works, obviously.

In my opinion, Allen will be a head coach again some day. Maybe as soon as next season. However, that team will have to be patient with him. Give him the resources to assemble a team and coaches to fit what he wants. Of course it will take a few seasons to do that. How much patience really depends on the owner. He just need to be in the right situation. My best moment of Allen here was getting in the face of Brandon Browner.

He can't just take Payton's staff without Payton's approval. I guarantee you Payton is not letting the staff go that he put together after getting rid of the Joe Vitt crew that has elevated this team to where they are today.
Haha, I read your comment and it brought back bad memories of the defensive product that we put on the field under Joe Vitt. So that got me wondering, where is Joe Vitt working his magic now? Google says he's coaching for the Jets. Imagine that. Draw your own conclusions. I found the "coincidence" amusing.

I understand what your saying why I said he would limit due to respect for this organization and Payton.

However I’m sure he’s learned from 1st time around and I’m not so sure Pete or CJ wouldn’t mind stepping out as THE MAN on offense in the right situation. It’s promotions so in reality if there willing to go I doubt Payton would stop 2-3 coaches

Don't know if you guys caught this or not:

Despite its breadth and grandness, the NFL is really a small community in which word spreads quickly when a talented young coach emerges. Allen was one such person shortly after taking an entry-level position with the
Falcons
in 2002. He had worked as a secondary coach at Tulsa and Texas A&M, where he started at safety his final 21 games, and the Atlanta pass defense improved from 30th to 16th and tied for third in interceptions in his first season as an assistant.​
His work continued to catch the eye of others, so much so that Payton sought to bring him to New Orleans despite not having an opening for a secondary coach. Instead, he hired him as an assistant defensive line coach in 2006 before promoting him to secondary coach two years later.​

The Failclowns can't recognize talent! Even if it slapped them in the face.

"Anybody that tells you they don't care what the public perception is is filling you with a lot of bulls--- "

When you hear him talk, it's Sean's words coming out...

Good article. I admit that I had never been a huge Dennis Allen fan. I just thought it best that Payton stuck with a guy and ended the merry-go-round of defensive coordinators. My mind has changed, as success will do that. Very awesome to finally have a good defense to compliment our offense. The awesome part is that our defense is still really young in many areas. It can get even better I think.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom