Great Peter King article on Winston yesterday (1 Viewer)

I think we all knew that Jameis has a tremendous skill set and upside, his biggest problem has always been his judgment and decision-making. And he's self-aware, he knows that's his biggest problem too. It sounds like he's been working on that more than anything.

If this translates over time that he's making quality decisions regularly, look out - his contract is going to be very high. He's 27.
Fixt

I wonder what will happen when Mike Thomas comes back. Thomas and Winston have zero chemistry. I want our offense to spread the ball around and not rely too much on Thomas. That’s when we get into trouble. And Winston might try to force things and make mistakes.
If Winston is going take what the opposing D gives him, there will be a great chemistry between him and Thomas.
MT just always finds a way to get open and that with huge separation.

so just wait and see how the most reliable WR in the game will elevate our playsheet

Meanwhile Shaq....

giphy.gif
Man, I love me some shimmy Shaq

I'm sure Loomis is already on the phone with the NFL office for projected numbers for next year's cap just so he can make sure he can have a contract ready by mid-season for Jameis if he continues his performance.

"Suddenly, a voice piped in from near Winston. I recognized it right away: Sean Payton’s.

“Hey!” Payton said, sort of irritated, sort of good-natured. “Will you stop eating the cheese already! It’s only one game! Get off the phone!”

“Gottagosorry,” is what came out of Winston’s mouth, and the line went dead."
I was going to post the same exchange. That article wrapped up as well as it could have lol

I don’t understand why but it seems like a lot of people just wanted him to fail or to just bust outta the league….
Yeah, I'm not sure either. His immaturity was evident in college and in Tampa, but quite frankly, his post game interview yesterday, he doesn't even sound like the same guy. Bradshaw said the same on the post game show. So I applaud him for changing his outlook.

Now we just need to see how he handles success AND failure, because he will certainly have some of both this season. The NFL can humble you real quick. To me, yesterday's game plan was very conservative and it worked because we ran the ball and our defense was dominant. What's going to happen when he HAS to throw the ball. This is where Drew excelled earlier in his career. He could carry us for a game or two if he had to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom