Great quote from Coach Payton regarding the rams and the NFC Championship (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think we got the topic of the week, on an interview with Michael Silver:

"What's harder to recover from?" Payton asked. "That (NFC Championship Game) loss, or the Rams' Super Bowl loss scoring three points? In other words, there's a difference when you feel like someone took something from you.
"As you get older, you become an expert on really focusing on the things that you can control, because you begin to be smarter with your energy. When you're younger, sometimes you expend energy on things that, you're like, 'Ah, you're not changing anything here.' But this is a good group, a hungry group. And yeah, you work off the chip on the shoulder a little bit, which is healthy.

Rest of the article:

A good piece indeed, with talk about frustrations, Drew, and if he will leave New Orleans...

There is a game coming on Sunday that i think everyone should watch.

you can toss the betting line out the window. This game isnt going to be your typical game 2 of 16 game season.

bet.
The betting line I saw when making my pick em league picks has the Rams -2.5 as of today while they were -3 to start the week. That's basically a wash since the home team gets 3 points just for playing at home. I'd be willing to bet that we come out like gangbusters on offense this time, unlike last week, play mistake free football and hang 40 on them in their house (which the article mistakenly claims will be anti-Saints...have they not paid attention to the crowds at the Coliseum? It's regularly filled with a lot of visiting fans.) How many points they score will be the deciding factor in if it's a blowout or just a W. I think the D is cooking up something special for them. You know this game has been circled on their calendars ever since the schedule was set.

The betting line I saw when making my pick em league picks has the Rams -2.5 as of today while they were -3 to start the week. That's basically a wash since the home team gets 3 points just for playing at home. I'd be willing to bet that we come out like gangbusters on offense this time, unlike last week, play mistake free football and hang 40 on them in their house (which the article mistakenly claims will be anti-Saints...have they not paid attention to the crowds at the Coliseum? It's regularly filled with a lot of visiting fans.) How many points they score will be the deciding factor in if it's a blowout or just a W. I think the D is cooking up something special for them. You know this game has been circled on their calendars ever since the schedule was set.

Well, the NFL in their "fairness" will pay Tens of Thousands of "actors off the streets" to fill the stands...

An unusual good read from NFL.com. Mainly because it's all quotes from Payton and Brees, of course.

Tremendous story, almost perfect. The best one I have read yet, as I think the situation has actually gotten more interesting as it has settled and ripened with the passage of time.

Also, Michael Silver is a tremendous, and I mean tremendous, sportswriter. I have followed him for years since his Yahoo.com days, and he's been patient and generous in responding to comments and even my tweets. I think he's a cut above a lot of guys, and if I disagree with him, I always make sure to take a second look because the chances are he's right and I'm not.

Tremendous story, almost perfect. The best one I have read yet, as I think the situation has actually gotten more interesting as it has settled and ripened with the passage of time.

Also, Michael Silver is a tremendous, and I mean tremendous, sportswriter. I have followed him for years since his Yahoo.com days, and he's been patient and generous in responding to comments and even my tweets. I think he's a cut above a lot of guys, and if I disagree with him, I always make sure to take a second look because the chances are he's right and I'm not.
You're absolutely right about Silver. I didn't bother to go back and read the byline after reading the article. I need to go make sure I follow him on twitter. I don't think I do because I haven't seen anything from him in my timeline (but, then again, I follow a ton of people and miss a lot of stuff). I, too, remember him from yahoo, and have always thought he wrote agenda-free articles no matter the subject matter.

ETA: What's is twitter handle? Searching his name doesn't seem to bring him up unless he's @bigeastmike or something stupid like that.

ETA part two: If I'd read the OP, like I just did, instead of just clicking on the link, I'd have seen the byline there. #DERP

Last edited:
Payton quote edited from article:

“We will bathe in the blood of our enemies and come out clean on the other side then dance to the lamentations of their women”

You're absolutely right about Silver. I didn't bother to go back and read the byline after reading the article. I need to go make sure I follow him on twitter. I don't think I do because I haven't seen anything from him in my timeline (but, then again, I follow a ton of people and miss a lot of stuff). I, too, remember him from yahoo, and have always thought he wrote agenda-free articles no matter the subject matter.

ETA: What's is twitter handle? Searching his name doesn't seem to bring him up unless he's @bigeastmike or something stupid like that.

I could not agree more! I let go of the anger when I saw the Rams lay an egg in the Superbowl, Only from the highlights because I could not bear to watch the game,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom