Great read by MW and DA on the deep ball Interception (1 Viewer)

Sumdude34

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'll put the link to the play at the bottom. As it is youtube it probably won't play on here.

I just wanted to say that this was an incredibly brilliant bait by either MW or Dennis Allen against one of the smartest QBs to ever play the game.

This play ALWAYS works for the Packers. ALWAYS. You double Devante Adams in a huge 3rd down and accidentally end up leaving the backside wide open against a saftey. Rodgers saw this before the snap and though he had a TD. I'm sure if they zoomed in he probably had that cocky smirk as he said hut. Plus, you have Chauncey out there so you know they wanted to burn him.

But... MW disguised the double on Adams for the perfect amount of time before switching over the top. Our guys knew what was coming and jumped it for a huge backbreaking play.

A lot of people on the internet are saying it was just an arm punt by Rodgers because of how overthrown it was. I don't think that's the case. I think maybe Rodgers realized MW was coming over at the last second and tried to just overthrow it, but he definitely intended to get a TD on that one.

A complete 180 compared to how we played Rodgers last year. Great job by everyone!

MW making a hell of a play. When Rodgers saw MW cheating to the left side, he knew exactly where he wanted to throw it and put enough umph under it to make sure if it wasn't a completion it would be too deep to be picked off.

The problem is, MW has the best range of any FS in the league and read the play perfectly.

It was great. We were in cover 1, once he identified Malcom in man coverage he knew he had what he wanted. So he thought. Marcus stayed with Devantae for the perfect amount of time and then just bolted. That's Ed Reed range. Not suggesting he's on Ed's level because that's the greatest safety of all time, but from a range perspective that's right there with him. Rodgers apologists will say it's a punt but Marcus 100% baited that throw.

Side note, props to Troy on the commentary on this one. Joe tried to say it was just a desperation throw and Troy correctly showed why it was such a great play by our FS.

I used to HATE these two, but then Joe wasn't there one day and I realized I actually don't mind Troy.

In my mind Joe will forever be the guy who monotoned the call on Derick Henry's 99 yard TD run against the Jags where he trucked, stiff armed and ran through about 15 tackles. Most dominant thing I've ever seen and Joe ruined it!

I used to HATE these two, but then Joe wasn't there one day and I realized I actually don't mind Troy.

Yeah, same. Troy can be boring himself and sometimes biased, but at least he provides some knowledgeable insight and analysis. He just needs to be teamed up with someone else.

Joe has stained so many great plays. Sometimes he shows emotion, but it's like he has to be invested in the game. I still remember him ruining David Tyree's helmet catch in the Super Bowl.

Side note, props to Troy on the commentary on this one. Joe tried to say it was just a desperation throw and Troy correctly showed why it was such a great play by our FS.

In my mind Joe will forever be the guy who monotoned the call on Derick Henry's 99 yard TD run against the Jags where he trucked, stiff armed and ran through about 15 tackles. Most dominant thing I've ever seen and Joe ruined it!
Joe and Troy are a disease to my ears. Too bad we weren't enough of a draw back in the day to have Summerall and Madden do our games more often.

It was great. We were in cover 1, once he identified Malcom in man coverage he knew he had what he wanted. So he thought. Marcus stayed with Devantae for the perfect amount of time and then just bolted. That's Ed Reed range. Not suggesting he's on Ed's level because that's the greatest safety of all time, but from a range perspective that's right there with him. Rodgers apologists will say it's a punt but Marcus 100% baited that throw.

I was wondering if someone was going to bring up Ed Reed. The play reminded me of a Reed play against Manning.

I'll put the link to the play at the bottom. As it is youtube it probably won't play on here.

I just wanted to say that this was an incredibly brilliant bait by either MW or Dennis Allen against one of the smartest QBs to ever play the game.

This play ALWAYS works for the Packers. ALWAYS. You double Devante Adams in a huge 3rd down and accidentally end up leaving the backside wide open against a saftey. Rodgers saw this before the snap and though he had a TD. I'm sure if they zoomed in he probably had that cocky smirk as he said hut. Plus, you have Chauncey out there so you know they wanted to burn him.

But... MW disguised the double on Adams for the perfect amount of time before switching over the top. Our guys knew what was coming and jumped it for a huge backbreaking play.

A lot of people on the internet are saying it was just an arm punt by Rodgers because of how overthrown it was. I don't think that's the case. I think maybe Rodgers realized MW was coming over at the last second and tried to just overthrow it, but he definitely intended to get a TD on that one.

A complete 180 compared to how we played Rodgers last year. Great job by everyone!

And people here were mad when we tagged Williams... he's a GREAT FS. I just hope we can get him to sign long term.

It was interesting listening to Rodgers talking about it post game. They had been trying to set that up by baiting Williams in. He was under pressure and made the throw without checking on the safety.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom