Great segment on Trevor Penning (1 Viewer)

That was one of the dumbest things I've ever watched.

Give me a nasty player that can demoralize dudes without throwing punches after the whistle, not one that can't control his emotions.

Everyone wants a Kyle Turley.

Screw that. Give me a Willie Roaf, Jahri Evans, LeCharles Bentley, Terron Armstead or Carl Nicks.

Those guys were nasty.

I've never been a fan of Matt Moscona's style.

Until today.

He presents the information well, don't get me wrong. His analysis is usually fairly close to what turns out to be true, and breaking news is generally on point.

But he tries so hard to appear impartial, like he's an anchorman for one of the sports shows.

I loved the passion he showed with this rant. (And yeah. He's exactly right. You ENCOURAGE Penning's style. You don't try to stifle it.

If they didn't want that, they shouldn't have drafted him.

Last edited:

Give me a nasty player that can demoralize dudes without throwing punches after the whistle, not one that can't control his emotions.

Screw that. Give me a Willie Roaf, Jahri Evans, LeCharles Bentley, Terron Armstead or Carl Nicks.

Those guys were nasty.
Theres also a fine line between Kyle Turley and Richie Incognito.

Honestly, don't really care. Do whatever you want. Just don't bring any more negative attention our way and don't be a penalty machine for playing undisciplined.

I do like his confidence but from reading some of the notes from the media guys, still learning and making mistakes. He won some battles but I would like consistency and improvement each day. Granted he is a rookie and will take time. Not going to label him anything until he earn it.

This guy basically sums up how I feel about Penning so far. Tougher than a $2 steak.

How many plays last year was Jameis running for his life as soon as the ball was snapped? While I don't want dumb penalties, I want players who go after our QB to pay the price.
Just rewatched 2021 week 8 last night. (Bucs).... We needed some more fire on the OL.

I don't think Penning will win the trust of the coaches in time to start at LT. The only way DA would start Penning is if he was our only option, but he isn't. We have options.

Why would we think a guy who wasn't that good a pass protector at a small college, would be quickly brought up to speed at LT in training camp to start the season? He can't block what we have on D already. Right now (today) Hurst is a better pass blocker and much more solid at LT.

If Penning goes up-to-the-line without crossing it (i.e:: no stupid penalties), then I’m all for it. 🤔

Having said that, Trevor will be without a friend on game day when the ref says:

“Unsportsmanlike conduct, #70” …or,

“Holding, #70”

…which negates a big play, TD, first down, field position, etc.

:covri: :jpshakehead:

:gosaints:

If Penning goes up-to-the-line without crossing it (i.e:: no stupid penalties), then I’m all for it. 🤔

:covri: :jpshakehead:

:gosaints:
Unless the Saints can modify his behavior in one training camp, he's going to generate a lot of penalties this year.

Looking at some of the footage from his senior year, he doesn't just play to the whistle; he often pushes past the line. He also likes to jump on people that are lying on the ground. NFL refs aren't going to give him the benefit of the doubt if he does that in-game. He's also going to have to be aware if he gets a reputation the refs are going to be watching him extra close.

Those guys were nasty.

Don't think Penning has thrown a single punch, and I haven't seen him do anything egregious. He is playing hard right up to the whistle. Defensive players don't like it. That's a guy I want on my team.

I've never been a fan of Matt Moscona's style.

Until today.

He presents the information well, don't get me wrong. His analysis is usually fairly close to what turns out to be true, and breaking news is generally on point.

But he tries so hard to appear impartial, like he's an anchorman for one of the sports shows.

I loved the passion he showed with this rant. (And yeah. He's exactly right. You ENCOURAGE Penning's style. You don't try to stifle it.

If the didn't want that, they shouldn't have drafted him.
I like Moscona. I enjoy his segments a lot. I don’t ever hold him to what he is saying is factual or it will ever come true. I understand that it’s his opinion and I think he does really well in front of a microphone. Speaking in front of a microphone is no easy task. I have a Podcast, so I support the community 100%

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom