Great story about helping kids (1 Viewer)

BHM

Can't please 'em all
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a truly heartwarming story about the bond formed between a little 5-year-old girl and some construction workers that will make you believe That we all can make a difference when we give a child the gift of our time.

A young family moved into a house, next to a vacant lot. One day, a Construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot.

The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and spent much of each day observing the workers.

Eventually the construction crew, all of them "gems-in-the-rough," more or less, adopted her as a kind of project mascot. They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important.

At the end of the first week, they even presented her with a pay envelope containing ten dollars. The little girl took this home to her mother who suggested that she take her ten dollars "pay" she'd received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.

When the girl and her mom got to the bank, the teller was equally impressed and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own pay check at such a young age. The little girl proudly replied, "I worked last week with a real construction crew building the new house next door to us."

"Oh my goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on the house again this week, too?"

The little girl replied, "I will, if those ***holes at Home Depot ever
deliver the ******* sheet rock..."

I swear I was about to ask you what the hell bank lets you open a checking account with $10.

Good one.
Similar story.....
two 10 year old brothers were bored one day and their mom suggested they go across the street and watch a construction crew build a house. They spent most of the day over there watching them.
The next morning they get up and go to the kitchen and sit at the table. The mom asks one of the boys what he wants from breakfast and he said "I'll take some damn eggs."
The mom smacked him across the head and looked at the other one and said "Now what do you want for breakfast?" and he said " You can bet your sweet *** I don't want any damn eggs."

It's a quote from the movie Tommy Boy with Chris Farley and David Spade

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom