Greatest Day Ever! (1 Viewer)

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
After all these years, I finally made it to a game in the Superdome.
It was far beyond anything I could have ever imagined. Bought the tickets at the beginning of the season from a guy on here and man those seats were awesome!

I've been to games at other stadiums, but just like everything else in south Louisiana, Y'all just do it better down here.

I want to thank all the Who Dat nation that went out of their way to give me and my wife a great time before, after and during the game!
Even got some pictures with Whistle Monster.

Oh and the best part? A Saints win baby!!

WHO DAT!!!

Merry Christmas Everybody!

Sweet! Glad y'all had a great time...I gave away two seats yesterday to some out of town family members who have never been..I was worried the dome wouldn't be to active being it was a late Christmas Eve game. Who Dat!

It was far beyond anything I could have ever imagined. Bought the tickets at the beginning of the season from a guy on here and man those seats were awesome!

I've been to games at other stadiums, but just like everything else in south Louisiana, Y'all just do it better down here.

I want to thank all the Who Dat nation that went out of their way to give me and my wife a great time before, after and during the game!

WHO DAT!!!

Happy that you could finally experience it! I don't get to go often. But when the opportunity presents itself, I jump on it. Win or lose, I love my Saints. And the Dome is a cathedral of Saints awesomeness!

It goes by so fast in person though. I remember getting up to get a beer and wondering when the 3rd quarter was starting and realized it was going into the 4th :covri:.
Champions Square is killer, the whole town comes alive for game day.

I posted in a different thread that there was a weird (but cool) vibe in the Dome yesterday. All of the regulars in my section were gone. But I found my section (and much of the Dome I think) with lots of folks who seemed they didn't go to games much. Cheering, chatting, doing the wave, etc. It wasn't overly loud because of all the empty seats, but the folks there had a good vibe and were giving off the excitement and appreciation for being at a Saints game.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the general absence of cynicism.

I posted in a different thread that there was a weird (but cool) vibe in the Dome yesterday. All of the regulars in my section were gone. But I found my section (and much of the Dome I think) with lots of folks who seemed they didn't go to games much. Cheering, chatting, doing the wave, etc. It wasn't overly loud because of all the empty seats, but the folks there had a good vibe and were giving off the excitement and appreciation for being at a Saints game.

There were a lot of kids! I think the wave and such took root in the fact that families were there to have a good time and get those children hooked on Saints football. :9: IMO, it worked! WhoDat!

at my first game in the dome i sat next to a lady playing video poker on one of those handheld nintendo devices-------never looked up, never cheered and never left her seat.

i had a great time---i think she did too.

I got the same feeling. But you know.. it seemed like the Dome was actually louder at times yesterday compared to other games in the Dome earlier this season when there were more people. I think my theory kind of came true. There can be more noise with fewer people if those fewer people actually make noise compared to more people but then those people not making noise at all. For example: the regulars in my section are older people who don't get as into the game as say a younger crowd in Seattle. But yesterday it was all new people who were into it and making noise a lot.

I got the same feeling. But you know.. it seemed like the Dome was actually louder at times yesterday compared to other games in the Dome earlier this season when there were more people. I think my theory kind of came true. There can be more noise with fewer people if those fewer people actually make noise compared to more people but then those people not making noise at all. For example: the regulars in my section are older people who don't get as into the game as say a younger crowd in Seattle. But yesterday it was all new people who were into it and making noise a lot.

This describes it perfectly. A really loud, raucous, boisterous local crowd. The best of the year, and included more children than usual. It seemed that new fans had chosen this game, and were truly involved in all the ritual- who dat cheer, post score crunking. Fantastic atmosphere.

WHO DAT!!!

Were you sitting by whistle monster? Thats my section... glad you had fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sec 111 row 15 everyone in front of us was into it, made it really enjoyable.

I was right in front of you. I actually sat in seat 5&6 with my 10 year old daughter. Our seats are row 12 and we had my son and friend in from the air force with us. Our season seats are 16,17,18. I actually had some people behind me whining about me standing for the game. Couldn't believe it.. I had my Brees jersey and all of us wore santa hats. Wish I would have known, I would have intorduced myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom