NFL Greatest laterals of ALL TIME (...yes, River City Relay made the list) (2 Viewers)

Can‘t go that far. I love my Saints but Cal Stanford is the gold medal winner. Made even more awesome by the fact that the band was on the field.

I still say RiverCity Relay:

Note: That last play starts at the 13:48 mark.

1. Saints were in the hunt for the last playoff spot.

2. Brooks’ last pass to Stallworth was masterful. Brooks pumped left (to draw the safety), then threw down the right sideline... and threaded the needle between 2 defenders.

3. Stallworth had to break a tackle.

4. Stallworth’s lateral across the field was difficult because he had to slow down, re-orient his body, and make sure it was legal.

5. Beerman 🍺 did a good job dodging tacklers before tossing it to Deuce.

6. Deuce only had a split-second to spot Pathon, as well as throw a difficult spiral as he was being tackled.

7. Brooks make a kick-arse block to ensure that Pathon has a clear escape to the end zone. (See Brooks’ blocks at 14:12, 15:00: and 15:26 marks).

The Cal v. Stanford laterals were great, but the distance traveled for each were a mere few feet. The RCR relied on far more dynamics, IMO.

Last edited:
I can’t believe we missed the XP....that was highly suspicious 🤨.

Was it really?

Because I viewed it as a fitting summation of the post 2000 / pre Katrina era of the Saints

SOMETHING AMAZING HAPPENSSSSSSSS....woops, nevermind.

"Our record is 9-4, we only need to win one game to get in the playoffs and our last three opponents all have losing records!" Oh, 3 losses to close out the season.....ok.

"We've won our last 4 games of the season! Now we just need the Jets to beat the Rams so we can avoid a three-way tiebreaker at 8-8. Doug Brien is lining up for a game-winning field goal, this would do it for us!!!!!!". Oh, no good, go figure.

What you call "highly suspicious", I call "the most Saints thing ever" during those years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom