NFL Greatest laterals of ALL TIME (...yes, River City Relay made the list) (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
What about the famous 2006 Fiesta Bowl classic where underdog Boise St. pulled off a hook-and-ladder play on a 4th down play that resulted in a TD that tied their game vs. Oklahoma and later led to them winning in OT, on another famous Statue of Liberty gimmick play call score for a 2-point conversion.

Incidentally enough, this BCS game was the last college football game legendary RB Adrian Peterson ever played in at Oklahoma and this contest easily falls into the top 10 best college football bowl games ever in the past 40-50 years and that's saying something.

What about the famous 2006 Fiesta Bowl classic where underdog Boise St. pulled off a hook-and-ladder play on a 4th down play that resulted in a TD that tied their game vs. Oklahoma and later led to them winning in OT, on another famous Statue of Liberty gimmick play call score for a 2-point conversion.

Incidentally enough, this BCS game was the last college football game legendary RB Adrian Peterson ever played in at Oklahoma and this contest easily falls into the top 10 best college football bowl games ever in the past 40-50 years and that's saying something.
True... but these were NFL excerpts.

:gosaints:

Thats some great plays!

I have no idea why those are so rare to be seen.
Especially in scenarios with deep throws or on the other hand 2pt conversions

I assume it doesn’t work often. But when it does, man it looks unstoppable

Man, Deion Sanders just played at a different speed than anyone else on the field.

Neat I like these All-Time lists that are actually All-Time lists. Not often you get to see HoFer Ollie Matson make a video list.

I can’t believe we missed the XP....that was highly suspicious 🤨.

And that was before they made the XP somewhat of a challenge. The XP in those days were so close, the competition committee said, this is a giant waste of time.

I was sure at that point, that the lords of football simply went to the bathroom too soon. They heard the ruckus, and ran back in the room for the XP try to set things back as they were. That was, gut wrenching. I remember feeling, I dont know if I can come back from this one. But I did. And the last 4 year of playoff debacles have made that a distant memory.

And that was before they made the XP somewhat of a challenge. The XP in those days were so close, the competition committee said, this is a giant waste of time.

I was sure at that point, that the lords of football simply went to the bathroom too soon. They heard the ruckus, and ran back in the room for the XP try to set things back as they were. That was, gut wrenching. I remember feeling, I dont know if I can come back from this one. But I did. And the last 4 year of playoff debacles have made that a distant memory.

I mean it literally came off his foot weird and total shank. I was so P'Oed after that great play....went from an all time high to a huge low...

I don't see why the NFL's Competition Committee all of a sudden began whining about how the XP wasn't a challenge anymore and saw it as this big huge problem to solve. I know they experimented with moving 30-yard XP's a few years before finally implementing it before the 2015 season in a few weeks of preseason games in 2013 and 2014, but IIRC, most NFL owners and GM's were sort of indifferent to changing it, if not opposed to it but it was an idea largely pushed and promoted heavily by Robert Kraft and since Patriots owner had enormous, near-unlimited clout back then(moreso then now), that influence and pull won over enough owners to support a rule change they likely wouldve shut down or not taken remotely seriously if Woody Johnson of Jets or the Ford Family of Detroit proposed it.

I don't think NCAAF has suffered too much in terms of the level of competition, quality and competitiveness of most of their games, and how XP's, whether their gimmies at the goal line or pushed back to 30 yard equivalent FG. In fact, a Bama fan told me this past season, he felt the decision made by NFL owners to push XP tries to 30-yard FG's was inane, and reactionary "change just for change sake", and only passed because Patriots owner and FO coerced, pushed and bullied their power around over most of the NFL owners, who simply caved in. If it had been Daniel Snyder who tried to introduce and argue for this rule change, he wouldve laughed off at the podium and told politely to sit down and shut up, or fork off. Irregardless of whether it was a good idea or not.

The Saints’ RC relay tops Cal v. Stanford, IMO.

Can‘t go that far. I love my Saints but Cal Stanford is the gold medal winner. Made even more awesome by the fact that the band was on the field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom