Greatest male vocalist ever thread (1 Viewer)

Roy Orbison needs to be considered as well....

It is absolutely inconceivable that this got to page 5 before Roy Orbison was mentioned. Just look at the Traveling Wilburys. He stands out in that company and they are some of the most talented musicians (admittedly not just vocalists) of all time. He was and is revered by so many artists, which speaks volumes.

The other answer is Miljenko Matijević from Steelheart. I acknowledge earlier references to Sebastian Bach and think he’s great and prefer Skid Row to Steelheart overall, but Milijenko is the best pure vocalist in the genre IMO.

It is absolutely inconceivable that this got to page 5 before Roy Orbison was mentioned. Just look at the Traveling Wilburys. He stands out in that company and they are some of the most talented musicians (admittedly not just vocalists) of all time. He was and is revered by so many artists, which speaks volumes.

The other answer is Miljenko Matijević from Steelheart. I acknowledge earlier references to Sebastian Bach and think he’s great and prefer Skid Row to Steelheart overall, but Milijenko is the best pure vocalist in the genre IMO.
Yeah...he has some pipes. Don't think he's as good as Sebastian though. He can get higher but doesn't have Sebastian's range. Another good one is Tom Keifer......people sing along with Cinderella but at some point in their songs stop singing because no one can get that sound he has haha

I do or MJK does?

I meant more like the collective "we" on the thread. I just quoted you because your comment made me think of all the different styles and sorts of talent. I mean, if we're going this route I'd have to start talking about Mike Patton as well. But that brings up all sorts of questions about what we mean when we say greatest.

What, no mention of the Reverend Al Green? For shame....

I also really dig Van Morrison....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom