Greatest Retired QB's of All Time (1 Viewer)

1. Brees
2. Manning
3. Montana
4. Aikman
5. Elway
6. Marino
7. Bradshaw
8. Favre
9. Young
10. Staubach
Aikman is way too high. Dude only threw for 165 TDs. He played on a dominant team with the NFLs leading rusher, dominant oline, and a dominant defense. Warren Moon was better than Aikman.

I'd probably slide in Big Ben or Jim Kelly. I think you have Young too high as well.

I love Drew, but I don't know that he's #1. My top 5 are Montana, Drew, Brady, Marino, Manning. I know Tom isn't on your list yet because he isn't retired, but it's around the corner.

Aikman is way too high. Dude only threw for 165 TDs. He played on a dominant team with the NFLs leading rusher, dominant oline, and a dominant defense. Warren Moon was better than Aikman.

I'd probably slide in Big Ben or Jim Kelly. I think you have Young too high as well.

I love Drew, but I don't know that he's #1. My top 5 are Montana, Drew, Brady, Marino, Manning. I know Tom isn't on your list yet because he isn't retired, but it's around the corner.
I think this may be sacrilegious, but I don’t get the Marino hype. Never won a championship.

I love Brees but I got Elway as #1. Big, athletic, rocket arm. He was held back my Reeves for most of his career.

Sammy Baugh. Dude invented the position, was the lockdown corner of his era, and retired with the NFL record for career punting average. Even 70 years after his retirement, only 26 punters have surpassed his 45.1 avg. and half of them are active (indicating very recent techniques are probably more to credit than actual skill) and none of the other half even started their careers until at least 2000.

Johnny Unitas has to be on the list. The Colts got him for 100.00 on waivers from the Steelers. Unitas played in an Era where this was a legal tackle

baltimore-colts-vs-los-angeles-rams.jpg

Aikman is probably the most over rated QB of all time.
Give me Emmit Smith, the defensive and offensive lines of the 90's Cowboys along with their skill positions and my 13 year old daughter could have won them a super bowl at QB.

Dude barely has more career passing TD's than INT's.

Last edited:
Marino should be in that 3rd spot
I'd def like to see Moon on there. Above Aikman anyway.

Aikman ahead of Elway really.... Shinny Star syndrome

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom