Greatest Saint to wear a particular jersey number (1 Viewer)

Jake Reed, big time player from Minny whe he was with Carter and Moss, came here for a few years and wore 86. He is the best 86 we have had.

I remember Jake Reed, and I even remember him being here around 2000 under Haslett. I just do not remember him producing much.

55 Mark Fields

You are right, he gives Fujita a run for his money. Fields was super faster, could never quite put it together here the way he did in Carolina. I remember when we drafted him, I had such high hopes.

Of course, I had high hopes for Alex Molden only because I had no choice and he did not turn out to be anything more than a disappointment.

I remember Jake Reed, and I even remember him being here around 2000 under Haslett. I just do not remember him producing much.

He wasn't bad...good possession receiver, but was definitely on a downhill stroke when he came to us and still was very good in our eyes. There may be some clarification needed here. Are we asking the greatest NFL player that wore Saints numbers or the best one to rock the numbers as a Saint?

86. ?? This number is filled with Pre-Season Camp Studs: Onome Ojo and Zach Hilton. I remember signing Gerald Alphin and my cousin swearing he was Canada's version of Jerry Rice

Dang man no love for Jeff Groth #86?

m30.jpg

84 is definetly Eric Martin... but honorable mention for Michael lewis the Beerman! I was at Fedex when he brought back 2 returns!!

He wasn't bad...good possession receiver, but was definitely on a downhill stroke when he came to us and still was very good in our eyes. There may be some clarification needed here. Are we asking the greatest NFL player that wore Saints numbers or the best one to rock the numbers as a Saint?

Best to rock the number as a Saint.

In the case of the NFL, there would be endless debate!

I would put former RB Derek Brown over Jay Bellamy for the #20. Brown played on some baaaad teams, but the kid was Dalton Hilliard lite. I loved that little guy, and he never gets any respekt! He wore #24 for a while too, and I'd put him there over Mack as well... so take your pick.. I still say replace Bellamy with him.

293706-sep-1996-derek-brown-of-the-new-orleans-saints-gettyimages.jpg

I remember him on Tecmo Bowl, Jim Everett handed off to him. I always found him to be a disappointing player, he never averaged more than 3.4 a carry in his career.

Very nice thread. I agree that Jeff Groth contributed more than Jake Reed, who was on the downside of his career.

You are right, he gives Fujita a run for his money. Fields was super faster, could never quite put it together here the way he did in Carolina. I remember when we drafted him, I had such high hopes.

Of course, I had high hopes for Alex Molden only because I had no choice and he did not turn out to be anything more than a disappointment.

Fields was a much, better lber than fujita. He didn't get much respect because fans thought he was going to be the, next rickey jackson. No one is going to live up to that.

Remember fields catching isaac bruce from behind? Remember fields meeting craig heyward in the hole and going the other way with the ball for six? Sacked Kerry Collins on his way to a handoff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom