(Update: Drafted by Browns)Greedy Williams still on the board? (1 Viewer)

If the Saints moved up to get Greedy, I wouldn't be mad. He's got the size and speed at CB to really help out in our division. Would love the pick over a WR. Would love Offensive Line too though

Does he mean Coach Orgeron?
I think he's referring to Tommy Moffitt. When scouts visit teams on a weekly basis, they usually talk with the pro liaison and the strength coach. The strength coach can sometimes influence perceptions of a player by indicating his willingness to work hard and do all that is asked of him or to suggest that a player is not a hard worker or tough or this or that.

Last edited:
So strange to see him drop, but you really can't argue that he is significantly better than the players drafted thus far. If you have been listening to Mike Detillier, you kinda expected to see first round quality skill players and "little guys" drop due to the unusually large number of high quality and "big guys" on the offensive and defensive lines. CBs are very much scheme specific according to their skills, so teams might pass on a player man feel is less talented because they fit the scheme better.

Lots of REALLY good players on the board. Everyone is going to start working the phones to see what they can trade to get in the top half of the second round now I bet.
OL Jawan Taylor, Cody Ford, Dalton Risner, Eric McCoy, Elgton Jenkins, Greg Little, Max Sharping, Connor McGovern are the best big guys left.

DL Jaylon Ferguson, Dremont Jones, Trysten Hill, Zach Allen, Chase Winovich, Anthony Nelson, Oshane Ximines are the best left.

Skill guys like Parris Campbell, AJ Brown, Miles Sanders, Riley Ridley, Deebo Samuel, David Montgomery, Darrell Henderson, Hakeem Butler, JJ Whiteside-Arcega, Mecole Hardeman, Miles Boykin, Emmanuel Hall still available is just mind blowing to me.

The quality of DBs available is just silly. Greedy, Rock Ya-Sin, Byron Murphy, Julian Love, David Long, Sean Bunting, Trayvon Mullins, Lonnie Johnson, Joejuan Williams, Justin Layne, Isaiah Johnson, Amani Oruwariye, Michael Jackson are just the CBs left. You still have Nasir Adderley, Taylor Rapp, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Amani Hooker, Jaquan Johnson, Juan Thornhill, Deionte Thompson at Safety.

That's 47 players I just mentioned. I am sure I am leaving 25+ just as talented players off the lists. (I didn't list any TE, LB or QB.) Some of those I posted will very likely still be available at #62. Not that there is a strong argument that they should have been drafted sooner than players already drafted, but this draft is top heavy. The Saints could very well end up with a first round talent at #62. Mike Thomas, Jared Cook and Irv Smith Jr on the same team? Good luck, defenses!

Stacked, yo...
Seeing how much talent is still left, I like the strategy of sitting tight at 62, but using next years capital to trade up and getting another selection somewhere between 63-75 player. At least we get (2) young guys who could contribute in 2019. Just have to wait and see how it plays out tonight.

No bc he doesnt fit our scheme.

Greedy is more of a Zone Corner who struggles in man coverage.

We are primarily a man team

It's just not a great fit for Year 1

You are joking right? He is an upgrade from Ken Crawley. Put Eli Apple and Williams in the backfield.

You are joking right? He is an upgrade from Ken Crawley. Put Eli Apple and Williams in the backfield.
Your Crawley point of reference makes no sense. This is who should be in your list of players who are rightly ahead of your anointed college boy:-

Lattimore
Apple
Robinson
P.J

You are joking right? He is an upgrade from Ken Crawley.

On our team SPECIFICALLY

Not Really

His man coverage skills are sub par, that's why you have seen him drop as far as he has.

He was originally spotted as a top ten pick.

Then game film exposed his weakness in man coverage. Also exposed he tends to get beat when up close to the line of scrimmage. Hes not physical enough.

So I would say No on our team SPECIFICALLY hes not better then Crawley.

Hes just not a scheme fit at all for us!

I'll bet you 10,000,000 dollars that even if hes there at 62 the Saints will not even think twice about him

Greedy would be a perfect fit for like a KC or Tennesee. Teams that run primarily Zone Coverages. I'd he was drafted by such team he could have an amazing year 1 and a pro bowl year.

If drafted in the wrong scheme, he would have a greater chance to fail.

Scheme means everything on defense

Your Crawley point of reference makes no sense. This is who should be in your list of players who are rightly ahead of your anointed college boy:-

Lattimore
Apple
Robinson
P.J

Lattimore quick again? Robinson 100% healthy now? PJ?

On our team SPECIFICALLY

Not Really

His man coverage skills are sub par, that's why you have seen him drop as far as he has.

Then game film exposed his weakness in man coverage. Also exposed he tends to get beat when up close to the line of scrimmage. Hes not physical enough.

I'll bet you 10,000,000 dollars that even if hes there at 62 the Saints will not even think twice about him

Greedy would be a perfect fit for like a KC or Tennesee. Teams that run primarily Zone Coverages. I'd he was drafted by such team he could have an amazing year 1 and a pro bowl year.

But we were okay with trying to get Honeybadger and Patrick Peterson.. Payton grabs him if he still around but I do agree he probably falls to an AFC team. He will succeed.

But we were okay with trying to get Honeybadger and Patrick Peterson.

I've never said that at all. Honey badger would cost way more money then we have. We dont have the Capital to get Patrick Peterson.

From a scheme standpoint if the team somehow did get the honey badger or Pat Pete.

They both fit the scheme, they both excelled in man coverage. While Pat Pete excels in both. He could fit in with any team in the NFL. His job is to shadow #1 receivers.

The honey badger excels at the line of scrimmage were he can disrupt receiver routes and stick on there hip in man coverage.

Literally the Honey Badgers role on this would be just like Kenny Vacarros role was. Only Tyrann would be a lot better.

But at this stage of there careers they would take to much to get.

I dont want neither one of them

CBs who are good tacklers are called Safeties. I don't care about CBs who can't tackle. I care about CBs who can't cover. Besides, every player has to be assigned a weakness. Being a less than thrilled tackler doesn't seem to be that bad of a weakness for a guy who shuts down one side of the field if you ask me. I never noticed him shying away from tackling for two years. He didn't exactly stick his nose in the pile, but that's not why he's on the field.

I wouldn’t exactly say that. One of the good things about Lattimore is that he IS a sound tackler. That’s what makes him elite. Greedy has good cover skills and subpar tackling skills, which makes him not quite elite. If he could tackle he wouldn’t be here.

Gone are the days when Deon Sanders could rule the league without tackling a gnat. Big receivers flatten players like that.

On our team SPECIFICALLY

Not Really

Aranda runs a man wide inside zone scheme defensively- Greedy played primarily man since he was an outside CB primarily. I think he would be fine in our scheme but may flourish in another. Aranda played more 3-4 than 4-3, but swapped it up a lot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom