Green Bay @ Seattle , Football is here. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
So tonights the night, the night the 2014 season officially starts. The defending super bowl champions host Aron rodgers and Co.
last year rodgers was hurt but still put up decent stats considering how long he was out.
TDS
INT
YDS
RTG
Seattle of course having the #1 pass defense i assume green bay will have to rely on a lot of rush yards and clock management or risk throwing to sherman,earl, or Kam Chancellor. they're both NFC teams and atleast one if not both of them will be in the play offs so i dont really wont either one to win. that said i want the defending super bowl champs to start off with a loss, a bloody one to. they can both just wreck each others season for all i care. i predict Seattle wins 31-24.

May the hits be hard and the best team lose.

I agree with this 110%. Those guys are our competition for Home Field Advantage throughout the playoffs.

Has anyone noticed how the 49ers, Seahawks, and us are talked about for the Superbowl, but the Packers are hardly ever mentioned? It seems like just a year or 2 ago they were the toast of the town, and now nada. I know their o-line is a bit of a question mark, but why are people not talking about them as much?

I agree with this 110%. Those guys are our competition for Home Field Advantage throughout the playoffs.

Has anyone noticed how the 49ers, Seahawks, and us are talked about for the Superbowl, but the Packers are hardly ever mentioned? It seems like just a year or 2 ago they were the toast of the town, and now nada. I know their o-line is a bit of a question mark, but why are people not talking about them as much?

im-not-saying-its-a-conspiracy-its-aliens-thumb.jpg

I hope it's a hard hitting game. I hope both teams get physically worn out. I hope GB wins 6-3. Or if the ground could open and swallow both teams. Whichever.

I think it's primarily because their defense became a severe liability and up until last year the running game was neglected. Green Bay was pretty much dependent on Rodgers and the receiving corp. Their running offense has gotten better. Supposedly their defense is on an upswing but we'll see. Barring health issues, I think they'll be a serious threat this year.

I think it's primarily because their defense became a severe liability and up until last year the running game was neglected. Green Bay was pretty much dependent on Rodgers and the receiving corp. Their running offense has gotten better. Supposedly their defense is on an upswing but we'll see. Barring health issues, I think they'll be a serious threat this year.

As far as I can see, a large part of why people say the packers defense is going to be better is the signing of Julius Peppers, and I think that is kinda funny b/c Oakland is derided for signing "washed up" players in Justin Tuck and LaMarr Woodley (31 and 29, respectively,) but the packers are praised for signing Peppers who is 34 and showed visible signs of age in Chicago last year. Oh, and Raji is our for the season.

Eh...no. I've seen the packs ahead of us in a good many power rankings, they aren't being overlooked at all

I've been hearing lots of shows, tv and radio the last 2 days all on the Packers bandwagon to win the 'bowl.

Heck, I even heard Booger McFarland on NFLN say this morning that Tampa will win the division because of their D. :jpshakehead: I know he's a tampa homer, but come on man.

I've been hearing lots of shows, tv and radio the last 2 days all on the Packers bandwagon to win the 'bowl.

Heck, I even heard Booger McFarland on NFLN say this morning that Tampa will win the division because of their D. :jpshakehead: I know he's a tampa homer, but come on man.

Lovie has reunited all the old Tampa Nostalgics (hasn't Sapp predicted the same?). I am sure I would be excited if I gave a hoot about them but I give whodats and not the first hoot.

Definitely want the Seahawks to lose because of HFA race. Saints play Packers later so we can go get the tiebreaker over them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom