Green Bay Vlogger ridicules Taysom and his new contract (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
This guy is pretty giggly with ridicule about Taysom's future and new contract. Hope Sean Payton unleashes the beast a little bit more this week. (jump to 6:00 in video for his main comments about Taysom)

Last edited:
Who cares? He’s absolutely overpaid right now....maybe he’ll earn the contract someday but right now, he’s overpaid. It is what it is.

Taysom’s money is really hard to evaluate because there are literally no comps.

He’s overpaid as a skill player based on his snaps and production. He’s overpaid as a backup QB. But getting all of what he does in one player comes with a premium. He’s obviously a significant part of Sean Payton’s offense - he got X factor value.

Is all of what worth $10.5M? Doubt it but who knows and like you said, who cares. He’s playing on Sunday and beyond that it’s on Loomis but I think he’s earned his benefit of the doubt. I like having him on the team, and maybe Packer fans are just salty because Sean took him from them.

Who cares? He’s absolutely overpaid right now....maybe he’ll earn the contract someday but right now, he’s overpaid. It is what it is.

It only makes sense that he is considered Brees predecessor because he is not worthy of that money playing any other skill position.

Now that he established himself as a threat he is no longer a secret, that contract put him on teams radar and I don't anticipate him being as effective this year at H-Back or Wide receiver.

Last edited:
It only makes since that he is considered Brees predecessor because he is not worthy of that money playing any other skill position.

Now that he established himself as a threat he is no longer a secret, that contract put him on teams radar and I don't anticipate him being as effective this year at H-Back or Wide receiver.

first, I think you are right that the contract was put in place for a bigger role next year and to keep him here that long.

but as for the second part, it’s not how well he plays any one position that makes him so valuable. It’s the fact that teams don’t know which position he is coming out of the huddle in before they make personnel decisions. He hasn’t been a secret for a long time. Teams know all the things he can do and can Probably stop him in any one of them, if they only knew which one it would be.

and To the OP, how many words does this post have to be for me to be a vlogger? Aren’t we all vloggers

Of course he's overpaid......many are wondering when he'll have a chance to earn his keep.

He was the best player on the field in our playoff game vs. the Vikings, and he fully illustrated his worth in that game.

He’s NOT overpaid. We have to know when/how to utilize him. It’s not his fault.

:gosaints:

and To the OP, how many words does this post have to be for me to be a vlogger? Aren’t we all vloggers
A vlogger is somebody who creates and uploads a video blog.

Attachments

• 1601181623506.jpeg
    1601181623506.jpeg
    4.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 1601181623538.jpeg
    1601181623538.jpeg
    6.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 1601181623567.jpeg
    1601181623567.jpeg
    6.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 1601181623600.jpeg
    1601181623600.jpeg
    6.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1601181623657.gif
    1601181623657.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 0
  • 1601181623628.gif
    1601181623628.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 0
I heard several Packers podcast hosts, and fan posts suggesting that it would be preposterous for Packers fans to want Love to come in and spell Rodgers, and that Saints fans calling for Hill to come in and spell Brees for a few plays is an insult to Brees (as they still see Hill as the guy they let go in favor of Joe Callahan).

I hope we do let Taysom get some spin, and I hope he knocks someone out.

This year TH7’s base salary is $841K and he got a $4 million bonus correct (cap hit $4,841,000). Next year, his cap hit is $16 million is my understanding. If these totals are correct, how is he overpaid?
good point....I was thinking about the whole amount, and that he hasn't been given a chance to prove himself as a quarterback

I honestly can’t wait until Taysom gets to play QB for an extended period. I see a lot of fans of other teams that can’t seem to stand us being excited about him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom