Greenbay’s beat writers snarky coverage (1 Viewer)

They just calls’em like they sees’em!!

When Romeo Doubs roasted the Saints starting CB Marcus Williams, the Packers’ beat reporters were all over it! 😉
Hear me out… Maybe Doubs is so good, he’s able to roast Marcus Williams in an alternate universe where he’s still with the Saints playing CB 😄

Really? I asked if anyone else noticed the difference in tone.

Obviously they are free to tweet however they wish. I was only remarking that Greenbay’s reporters seemed to make their tweets sound like they were posted by fans and not reporters. In all the years of joint practices, I’ve never seen opposing teams reporters respond as such. It surprised me.

But I’ll be sure to avoid having reactions to other‘s free speech. Thanks for that.
I think BelowZero's post was in answer to your question, not as a shot at you personally. The point is that the unprofessional tweeters are likely still smarting from the pummeling we gave their team in last year's season opener.

The "free speech" thing is just his tagline.

They just calls’em like they sees’em!!

When Romeo Doubs roasted the Saints starting CB Marcus Williams, the Packers’ beat reporters were all over it! 😉

That’s cool the Ravins allowed Marcus Williams to fly 872 miles from Baltimore to participate with the Saints practice for a day and even switching positions to play CB. He’s got to do a better job against Doubs though.

Last edited:
I always find it somewhat comical when reporters or writers have an over reaction good or bad to practice. My 2 favorite ones. This Qb had no interceptions in practice or this qb was an interception machine in practice.

It really means nothing. Practice at the end of the day is sbout working or experimenting on things. Its like a chef trying to create a recipe.

Now if reports said so and so looked really slow running or the throws wobbly or sloppy then i hold some stock in that

I watched a Packers video review of the practices on You Tube yesterday. They were giddy about how the Packers DL “dominated” the Saints OL. And pretty much negated anything the Saints did offensively by saying things like “holding” or ”push off”. Then when it was Packers O vs. Saints D their only comments were “the Saints D is expected one of the best in the league next year”. I know it was just a You Tube video but no reporting just cheerleading. Packers fans must really enjoy that smooth filtered smoke being blown up their butts…….

Really? I asked if anyone else noticed the difference in tone.

I don't know, maybe you misunderstood or quoted the wrong person. But you asked if anyone noticed the difference in the their tone and I gave you the reason why. They're still salty about getting stomped, thought it was pretty common sense.

Am I the only one who noticed how unprofessional quite a few of Greenbay’s beat writers’ coverage was today? It wasn’t all of them, but I noticed at least four different official accounts popping off.

Say what you will about Saints writers, but they rarely give training camp, joint practice updates like they’re some fanboys/girls. If Greenbay won a rep, they gave the player props and relayed exactly what he did to win said round. Greenbay’s writers (several of the ones I’ve read) took shots in almost every tweet. Again, it wasn’t all, but the ones who did rubbed me the wrong way.

Maybe it’s just me.🤣

I guess this would matter if Bobby and Deke could actually write.

I don't know, maybe you misunderstood or quoted the wrong person. But you asked if anyone noticed the difference in the their tone and I gave you the reason why. They're still salty about getting stomped, thought it was pretty common sense.
I just read another poster’s response to my tweet explaining this. I came back to apologize, cause I did mistake your signature for a response. That was my fault. My phone doesn’t show the signatures differently from regular responses. I sincerely apologize for screwing that up. I should’ve been more careful. I appreciate you correcting me.

My fault for real. Sorry about that.

I think BelowZero's post was in answer to your question, not as a shot at you personally. The point is that the unprofessional tweeters are likely still smarting from the pummeling we gave their team in last year's season opener.

The "free speech" thing is just his tagline.
Thank you for correcting me. I just apologized to @BelowZero for incorrectly interpreting that post.

When I (foolishly)responded on my phone, it looked like the signature was the reply and the score box appeared like a banner from the post above his. That’s on ME for not paying closer attention. I was completely in the wrong. I appreciate you pointing this out. Thanks you, again.

When I (foolishly)responded on my phone, it looked like the signature was the reply and the score box appeared like a banner from the post above his. That’s on ME for not paying closer attention. I was completely in the wrong. I appreciate you pointing this out. Thanks you, again.
I don’t think it’s really anyone’s fault; another thing that I think greatly contributed to the confusion is I think the forum’s default setting (at least for the mobile version) is it’ll only show a poster’s signature for their first reply to the thread and not on any subsequent posts in the same thread. For example, my Gleason pointing signature picture is at the bottom of my first post here but it’s not at the bottom of this post.

So you saw the signature on the first post, but since it doesn’t show up on their second post, it makes it look like it was part of the first post. If it showed every post then it would’ve cleared up the confusion pretty quickly.

However I understand it’s more than likely a data saving thing to not have posters signatures load up for every single post. Can y’all imagine if TheNOLAGirl had a big signature and it was at the bottom of every one of her posts in the training camp update threads? 😅

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom