Greenbrier (1 Viewer)

I am heading up Tomorrow (SAT) early around 6am or sooner from Roanoke. If anyone wants to ride up with me (fuel is on me) PM me today and I will shoot you my text-phone number.

Today was awesome so far, can't wait for the picnic tonight :D

Attachments

• 20140726_092509.jpg
    20140726_092509.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 7
Is the parking lot and shuttle stop well marked? BDM

Depending where you are, when you can find the right road, etc. Our first night we were right down the road from the Greenbrier. There is no signage around White Sulphur springs directing you where to park. We had to ask at the welcome center for directions to the fair grounds. We had to turn onto 219 from rt 60. Stay on that road for a little while and then it will split into a 4 lane. Right around there you will see When Pigs Fly. Good BBQ if that's what you like! Shortly after that you will see a small sign on the right that says event parking. When you get near the state fair grounds, there area few more signs. You will make a right turn for parking. Alternatively look for the big tour buses that they are using as shuttles. Takes a while to get to the Greenbrier from there. The truck right is narrow and goes through a residential area.

Everyone was great helping us with directions, so don't hesitate to ask. These people are excited for the business.

Oh that's great!!! I was under the impression we had to pay each time. Thanks for all the information. Really good stuff!!!

What kind of stuff are they selling inside camp? Example: type of food and merchandise. How are the prices? BDM

I have a bunker tour scheduled for 1:30pm on Friday. I got a call saying that I need to drive to the Greenbrier for the tour, then drive back 12 miles to the "new" parking lot to get on the bus to go back to the Greenbrier for the evening practice. I thought it a bit ridiculous to drive back 12 miles to end up where I started.

Bergeaux and I were wondering if we were able to bring in food/drinks? Obviously not a huge ice chest, but something that would fit a few 12oz cans/water.

Bergeaux and I were wondering if we were able to bring in food/drinks? Obviously not a huge ice chest, but something that would fit a few 12oz cans/water.

No. They won't allow any outside food or beverage. No back packs or coolers. All you can bring in is what you can carry in your arms (kids, footballs).

Going to the Irish Pub Thursday night? We will be there between 8:30-9pm. Sounds cliche, but look for the old guy wearing a black golf shirt -- nah, black t-shirt with a giant fleur de lis on the front. Me, old dude, 50+, long hair, gray beard. Very young hot smoking wife.

Just yell "BOSTON" -- I will turn my head (my last name). Or yell GASBAG -- watch people run for the door and I will still be sitting at the bar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom