Greetings from the Fugue State (1 Viewer)

cpg

Catacomb the desert
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all!

It’s been quite a long time, and quite a bit has changed since the last time I was here! I’ve missed this place intensely on more than an occasion.

I, first, humbly submit my deepest apologies for past transgressions on the site. I will not make excuses, but will submit that as of March 6th of this year, I have four continuous years of sobriety. I’m not really sure how to qualify it much better than that. Man, it got really dark.

I, secondly, thank you. Although I took extended breaks from the internet while I meandered through the deserts of Southern California trying to get my life in gear, I always checked in here. It seems old habits truly die hard. It was the corner of the internet that functioned as a bloop-like siren song of familiarity. I read you all talk about music and wrestling and movies and pandemics. And it helped. But, it was when Hurricane Ida hit that it was no longer a nostalgic indulgence; it was a resource. My family are among those hard-headed enough to refuse evacuation regardless of impending devastation. Very fortunately, they were not reduced to rubble like so many others. SaintsReport was a commodity while trying to locate loved ones and trying to figure out what was happening. It was strange to be on the outside looking in when the region is on an island like that and communication is impossible outgoing or incoming. I knew how people must have felt when Katrina hit and saw it from the perspective of television viewer instead of aggrieved partaker. It was a juxtaposition I was not prepared for. I didn’t care for it.

As I decided to return home to Louisiana from the desert this past October, I knew that I wanted to figure out a way to inform you all of my gratitude for all of this. Graciously, Andrus agreed to let me relay this to you by removing the ban from my account. I hope you all are well. I’m happy to engage with you all again, in a hopefully more lucid state. I’m sorry if this is all very dramatic.

TL;DR - cpg is back and apparently as attention-seeking as ever.

Last edited:
Hey! You always come up in the threads about "where are they now?" Glad to have you back!

The "I am an idiot" thread is alive and well within the hearts of all of us who posted there...all of us that is, who are not banned :ezbill:

Congrats on the sobriety!

I, secondly, thank you. Although I took extended breaks from the internet while I meandered through the deserts of Southern California trying to get my life in gear,

cpg the Aborigine!

looks like you had a productive walkabout.

welcome back.

Hello all!

It’s been quite a long time, and quite a bit has changed since the last time I was here! I’ve missed this place intensely on more than an occasion.

I, first, humbly submit my deepest apologies for past transgressions on the site. I will not make excuses, but will submit that as of March 6th of this year, I have four continuous years of sobriety. I’m not really sure how to qualify it much better than that. Man, it got really dark.

I, secondly, thank you. Although I took extended breaks from the internet while I meandered through the deserts of Southern California trying to get my life in gear, I always checked in here. It seems old habits truly die hard. It was the corner of the internet that functioned as a bloop-like siren song of familiarity. I read you all talk about music and wrestling and movies and pandemics. And it helped. But, it was when Hurricane Ida hit that it was no longer a nostalgic indulgence; it was a resource. My family are among those hard-headed enough to refuse evacuation regardless of impending devastation. Very fortunately, they were not reduced to rubble like so many others. SaintsReport was a commodity while trying to locate loved ones and trying to figure out what was happening. It was strange to be on the outside looking in when the region is on an island like that and communication is impossible outgoing or incoming. I knew how people must have felt when Katrina hit and saw it from the perspective of television viewer instead of aggrieved partaker. It was a juxtaposition I was not prepared for. I didn’t care for it.

As I decided to return home to Louisiana from the desert this past October, I knew that I wanted to figure out a way to inform you all of my gratitude for all of this. Graciously, Andrus agreed to let me relay this to you by removing the ban from my account. I hope you all are well. I’m happy to engage with you all again, in a hopefully more lucid state. I’m sorry if this is all very dramatic.

TL;DR - cpg is back and apparently as attention-seeking as ever.
Welcome back old friend! Glad to hear you're sober and sounds like you're doing well! Hope we'll hear more from you in the coming days. :9:

Congratulations cpg and I am very proud of you, Bro. I love when folks achieve great things and sobriety is definitely an achievement. Good to have you back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom