Greg Norman's Saudi-funded LIV Golf Tour tees off (Update: PGA Tour agrees to merger) (2 Viewers)

I think we have to presume that the Saudis threw an obscene amount of money at the PGA.
I tend to think this. As with a lot of things, the devil is gonna be in the details. With that much money involved, it will be interesting to see how much control over the product the Saudis will want or have.

Maybe this somewhat explains Rory's recent funk. He took all the bullets for the PGA tour in the media battle vs LIV, and for this?

I wonder what the details will be. I'm guessing the 3 tours will remain distinct, but LIV would get the (new?) equivalent of world ranking points from their events.

And can we drop the whole "sports-washing" stupid sheet? The oil money from the region is everywhere in our lives and money is king. Isolating the vitriol to sports is stupid.

This tells you everything you need to know about greed.

Basically every high road and bout of umbrage has a price to overcome. I mean obviously PGA never really cared about human rights. It was all just a sham to protect their brand and when that didn't work to shut down the competition, they pivoted. Now the Saudis are wonderful partners, etc.

I'm ready for the aliens to wipe us out now.

Last edited:
Maybe this somewhat explains Rory's recent funk. He took all the bullets for the PGA tour in the media battle vs LIV, and for this?

I wonder what the details will be. I'm guessing the 3 tours will remain distinct, but LIV would get the (new?) equivalent of world ranking points from their events.

And can we drop the whole "sports-washing" stupid sheet? The oil money from the region is everywhere in our lives and money is king. Isolating the vitriol to sports is stupid.
LIV golfers still qualify for world golf rankings. They're not FedEx Cup eligible, not sure what else but I'm sure all that will change after the merger.

They offered Tiger twice that .

So it has to be in the Bs. Billions.
Rumor has it Tiger's offer was in the $7-800 million range.

Can you imagine these dudes passing up 9 figure payouts in solidarity with the "tradition" of the PGA and human rights violations of the Saudis only for this to happen. Amazing.
My thoughts exactly.

LIV golfers still qualify for world golf rankings. They're not FedEx Cup eligible, not sure what else but I'm sure all that will change after the merger.

Rumor has it Tiger's offer was in the $7-800 million range.

I meant what the PGA was offered.

Sold.

This tells you everything you need to know about greed.

Basically every high road and bout of umbrage has a price to overcome. I mean obviusly PGA never really cared about human rights. It was all just a sham to protect their brand and when that didn't work to shut down the competition, they pivoted. Now the Saudis are wonderful partners, etc.

I'm ready for the aliens to wipe us out now.
Are you kidding?! The aliens don't want to wipe us out. They are popping more alien, genetically modified popcorn!

Yup, fark the PGA, this stinks to high heaven.....
Yeah. I'm most disgusted now by this transparent show of outrage about how evil the Saudis are, which has now just shown itself to have been a tactic to preserve their money. And when the money pointed a different direction, they're holding hands with the very "evil" they condemned. What a valueless, duplicitous group of people. You really have to be disgusting when the Saudis come out looking better than you do.

Yeah. I'm most disgusted now by this transparent show of outrage about how evil the Saudis are, which has now just shown itself to have been a tactic to preserve their money. And when the money pointed a different direction, they're holding hands with the very "evil" they condemned. What a valueless, duplicitous group of people. You really have to be disgusting when the Saudis come out looking better than you do.
It really is an awful look for them. I remember watching the Golf Channel at the start of this and they were talking non-stop about the Saudis human rights violations day in and day out. This makes them look far worse than the golfers they condemned for leaving. Everyone has their price after all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom