N/S Greg Olsen to Seattle [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

Meh...

Saints don’t play them, and if they meet up in post season, Olsen would likely be worn down or banged-up.

This is a preview of the upcoming FA period, you are going to have alot of teams overpaying mediocre players. 7 MILLION for a washed TE, now imagine what it will cost for Robby Anderson, AJ Green, or Blake Martinez to step through the door.

This could end up being like the Kurt Coleman signing for the Saints. Seahawks over pay prior to free agency, and then when FA hits, there’s a thud .

I work with a Seahawks fan. On the way to work this morning, he said he likes the signing and hopes they can use Olsen to rotate with Dissly as neither can stay healthy. He also does not like the contract amount.

If he can stay healthy, he will have a very good year.

Dude can still play.

Why can he sign now?
Because he had one year remaining on his contract with the Panthers and they released him. As such, he can sign with any team any time he wants. And his signing with Seattle doesn't affect the three compensatory picks that they are projected to be awarded in the upcoming draft. The comp picks announcement should be only days away.

It's only when a player's contract expires and he's an Unrestricted Free Agent that he has to wait until the start of FA (March 18th?) before signing with a different team.

I should add that I like the signing. Ed Dickson never played a snap for Seattle last year. Cutting him will save the Hawks $3M against their cap, lessening the hit for paying Olsen $5.5M guaranteed.

This is a preview of the upcoming FA period, you are going to have alot of teams overpaying mediocre players. 7 MILLION for a washed TE, now imagine what it will cost for Robby Anderson, AJ Green, or Blake Martinez to step through the door.

Maybe, maybe not.

Teams that sign guys early usually get screwed. Like when we signed that safety a few years ago and everyone was like "man, the market is going to be nuts this year," then it turned out that we just way overpaid.

He should do well there, considering how expertly they utilized Graham

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom