Greg Popovich what were you thinking? (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
You made the mistake the first time pulling Duncan out of the game and you can't snatch a rebound to put the game awaywith less than 30 seconds to go, then the second time around you don't learn your lesson and the Heat come away with another offensive rebound and hit the game tying 3 pointer to take the NBA championship away from your team.

Much respect to you, but that my friend was idiotic and something you will have to live with for the rest of your life.

Because you're not winning game 7.

He was probably thinking, "I'm Greg Popovich. I have won 4 NBA titles. A couple of Golds with the mens olympic team. I have the respect of everyone who follows the game. Who the hell are you to question me?"

Thats what he was probably thinking.

It was idiotic and it cost them a championship.

If they get the rebound on either of those 2 possessions, they are the NBA champs.

You made the mistake the first time pulling Duncan out of the game and you can't snatch a rebound to put the game awaywith less than 30 seconds to go, then the second time around you don't learn your lesson and the Heat come away with another offensive rebound and hit the game tying 3 pointer to take the NBA championship away from your team.

Much respect to you, but that my friend was idiotic and something you will have to live with for the rest of your life.

Because you're not winning game 7.

He's the coach?

I don't know why you're so sure Miami are winning game 7. Neither team has won two games in a row this series and I didn't see anything from Miami to suggest that's going to change. The Spurs made mistakes down the stretch but it took a missed FT from a 21 yr old and at least one ridiculous non-call to secure the victory for them, and some people think Bosh fouled Green at the end too. I thought that (the block) was clean but then I only watched it live.

I don't know why you're so sure Miami are winning game 7. Neither team has won two games in a row this series and I didn't see anything from Miami to suggest that's going to change. The Spurs made mistakes down the stretch but it took a missed FT from a 21 yr old and at least one ridiculous non-call to secure the victory for them, and some people think Bosh fouled Green at the end too. I thought that (the block) was clean but then I only watched it live.

Go watch the replay, Bosh ran him over. At any other time in the game, I guarantee you that's a foul.

Go watch the replay, Bosh ran him over. At any other time in the game, I guarantee you that's a foul.

Just had a look, yea that's definitely a foul. Only further illustrates my point though, the Heat essentially got bailed out in this one. Their role players stepped up sure but even with that it took an off game for Ginobili, Parker to have a relatively bad night, and Duncan to have a bad half. Not to mention a questionable decision by Pop plus Green not being anywhere near effective (due to the Heat D admittedly) as in every other game. So basically with just about every thing going their way they still blew a lead after a comeback, had to go to OT and got the benefit of two pretty atrocious non-calls that were fouls at any other point in the game, and I don't even like the spurs. I ******* hate the spurs, but I do have a certain level of respect for them as a Laker fan. By contrast the only thing I like about the heat is Pat Riley.

I thought Pop channeled Vogel in that moment. Literally, i looked at Duncan and saw Hibbert.

I agree that the Heat were basically bailed out by non-calls. That drive by Ginobli at the end of reg....he was hacked. And when a player takes the initiative to drive the lane, the refs are supposed to give them more clout regarding fouls because they initiated the drive. But i guess being the final few seconds of game, they let it go. Shouldnt have, but did.

Did anyone doubt there would be a game 7 once Stern assigned Joey Crawford to the game? It's all about the TV revenue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom