Greg Romeus (1 Viewer)

Pensacola

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
If only Greg could return to his early Pitt Panther form. Oh what a nice unexpected present he would be for the Who Dat Nation!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LtR-GHikncs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Greg Romeus highlights 2009 - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^ don't know much about him either other than the excitement people had about him before injury. I think he was a DE in our 4-3 but what about now?

^^^^ don't know much about him either other than the excitement people had about him before injury. I think he was a DE in our 4-3 but what about now?

If he can get healthy and stay healthy, I'm sure Ryan can find a way to work him in.

Given his skill set he could play OLB in the 3-4 he is already the prototypical size at 6-5 262 and he has the speed to rush standing or with a hand on the ground.

I've been asking about him on here for weeks now. Is he an outside linebacker or DE?

I think he'd be a DE. I dont think he's not athletic enough to play OLB, when it comes to dropping into coverage. He's a big, strong, lanky, guy like JJ Watt. If not for his injuries, I actually think he'd be pretty good there.

Given his skill set he could play OLB in the 3-4 he is already the prototypical size at 6-5 262 and he has the speed to rush standing or with a hand on the ground.

Yea OLB would be an awesome spot with his quick burst and powerful size.

I think he'd be a DE. I dont think he's not athletic enough to play OLB, when it comes to dropping into coverage. He's a big, strong, lanky, guy like JJ Watt. If not for his injuries, I actually think he'd be pretty good there.

But JJ Watt is 290 pounds. Romeus is about 265. That's why I can't figure him out. He seems like a 4-3 end to me, however, a pass rusher is a pass rusher. That's why guys like Abraham/Freeney/Osi are getting looks from teams who run the 34 and 43 front. They just know how to get to the passer.

I still don't know

If he does stay healthy and return to his prime form, he'd be one of the biggest steals in the draft.

How likely that is...idk...

Nice video, thanks for posting. I hope he gets healthy so we can see what he can do.

Is he still on the team?? I thought they reached an injury settlement with him then waived him.

We have no idea what he's going to be like coming off the injury(-ies).

If you're looking for a body type comparison (as it relates to a 3-4), he's very similar to Chandler Jones.

Got little faith this guy will even make the team.

He reminds me of that guy who was made of glass under Haslett who was supposed to have so much potential but was always hurt. I've blocked most of that era out but I think it was Cie Grant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom