Greg Romeus (1 Viewer)

BIG DAWG

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Why in the world Saints wasting a roster spot on this guy. Cant stay healthy at ALL!! Is he just a camp body or what....:covri::jpshakehead:

I wasn't even aware he was still on the roster... regardless, at this point, it's pretty much impossible to be "wasting" a roster spot on anyone.

...But isn't he healthy now? I think they are giving him atleast one more chance. He has the potential to do great.

He's been on IR all last season so no roster spot was wasted on him. He blew out his (previously uninjured) knee jogging before training camp began in June. He was waived at one point but then reclaimed. This season will probably be the last chance for him to prove his fitness.

And at this point in the offseason, with less than 60 players on the team out of a possible 90, nobody is wasting a roster spot, unless his cap hit is too high and his contract is re-workable.

He's been on IR all last season so no roster spot was wasted on him. He blew out his (previously uninjured) knee jogging before training camp began in June. He was waived at one point but then reclaimed. This season will probably be the last chance for him to prove his fitness.

And at this point in the offseason, with less than 60 players on the team out of a possible 90, nobody is wasting a roster spot, unless his cap hit is too high and his contract is re-workable.

This. I think this is his last year to prove he can stay healthy and play.

Because he's a monster when healthy. And was a 2nd round grade coming out of college but the 1st injury knocked off his draft stock. He will be ok give him a chance this is his last chance anyways.

hasnt he not played football in 3 years? 2 for saints and 1 for college? i cant rem. i hope hes healthy

Why in the world Saints wasting a roster spot on this guy. Cant stay healthy at ALL!! Is he just a camp body or what....:covri::jpshakehead:

Are you for real?

He's cost us nothing, he hasn't tied up a roster spot at the expense of anyone so what exactly is your problem?

The guy has a huge upside.... if he can stay healthy!

But yeah he obviously isn't worthy of a chance to prove himself in New Orleans! So why don't we just cut him and let someone else pick him up. And then we can watch him on NFL Network's "can't miss plays" segment in week ten of the season forcing a sack fumble for a division or conference rival!

I honestly don't even understand the thought process that inspired you to start this thread!

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves...

Greg Romeus and Charles Brown will stay healthy.

Dude blew his knee out jogging! Will he even make it in the trenches at NFL level? Being out the game for three years isn't going to help either. If he makes a comeback it would be an amazing story!

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves...

Greg Romeus and Charles Brown will stay healthy.

You better be right about C Brown......we need him!

Greg Romeus is another thing. It would be nice to have him, but the Saints cut him once already. They reclaimed him, but his fate is sealed if he gets injured again....

Lol. While I think he's a terrible scheme fit with the rosters the size that they are he's not taking up anyones spot. He at least deserves the chance to prove he can stay healthy. If he can do that during TC then that'll help his chances with catching on with another team next year.

he's not occupying a roster spot unless he is on the team after the cut down dates.
i always figured he would be used as a 43 end, so we'll have to wait & see if he can stay healthy, and where he may fit in a 34. saints roster stats says he is 6'5" 267.

Dude blew his knee out jogging! ...

Ever had a knee injury?

Think mileage on a set of tires... They do wear out over time, and while he may have gotten a flat *while* jogging, it's likely that the jogging itself was not the ultimate cause of the failure.

Athletes that take their rehab seriously can and will come back from an injury such as Romeus' and thrive.

He's hungry, young, and hasn't been 'paid' yet, so everything in his life is likely working towards recovery, and proving himself worthy of an NFL roster spot.

When healthy, the guy is phenomenal.

Like a few previous posts stated... He's really not costing us anything, so let's support the guy, give him a chance, and see if he can return to form.

Low risk, huge reward...

:9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom