Gregg Rosenthal pick in the Saints-Falcons game Sunday (1 Viewer)

I must say I have to disagree MLJ. Taysom has an abundance of grit. He's a doggone QB that doesn't go down on first contact, will initiate contact and fight for the extra yards. I am not sure how to define moxie, so I'll give you that one. :grin: The thing that I believe separates him from a dependable QB is his slowness in going through his progressions and his ability (or lack thereof) in making quick decisions in finding the open man. I think those are things you can only develop through game experience, so I expect that his decision-making should improve with more time under center during games and practice time with the first team. He will still make mistakes and hold the ball too long, but I view him like I would a rookie QB in the NFL thrust into starting without the benefit of OTAs, training camp and an expectation of being "the guy."

I don't know if Hill will ever be a reliable starting QB in the NFL, but I believe he has the tools to be successful, especially the grit (moxie notwithstanding). :ezbill:
First, the moxie or grit I’m talking about is legendary level Brees/Montana-esque comebacks when the moment is most critical. There’s only so many humans in the history of man that can bring it when the pressure is highest. I’m not talking about fighting for a few extra yards after a run here. Sure he displays elite toughness but does he have legendary moxie? No one knows.

Second, yep that’s one of the minor issues I have on Taysom also. Minor bc he’ll be an above average qb even if he doesn’t develop those skills at an above average level. This is due to play action and his running ability which does 2 things 1) it puts loads of pressure on the defense 2) it actually could force Payton to utilize play action more often which could make this offense run even better instead of relying on Drew’s play recognition skills.

First, the moxie or grit I’m talking about is legendary level Brees/Montana-esque comebacks when the moment is most critical. There’s only so many humans in the history of man that can bring it when the pressure is highest. I’m not talking about fighting for a few extra yards after a run here. Sure he displays elite toughness but does he have legendary moxie? No one knows.

Second, yep that’s one of the minor issues I have on Taysom also. Minor bc he’ll be an above average qb even if he doesn’t develop those skills at an above average level. This is due to play action and his running ability which does 2 things 1) it puts loads of pressure on the defense 2) it actually could force Payton to utilize play action more often which could make this offense run even better instead of relying on Drew’s play recognition skills.

There is no track record to say one way or another. He has started two games as QB in the NFL. And that is after being a utility player for 4 years not even concentrating as a backup QB. This is what bugs me with everyone saying he doesn’t have it after the Denver game. He has had less practice reps as QB than most of the backups on other teams.

There is no track record to say one way or another. He has started two games as QB in the NFL. And that is after being a utility player for 4 years not even concentrating as a backup QB. This is what bugs me with everyone saying he doesn’t have it after the Denver game. He has had less practice reps as QB than most of the backups on other teams.
So you’re agreeing with me. Good

We keep trying to compare Tasom to other greats such as Drew Brees! This is so unfair to no only Taysom but to all of the Saints fans. How many Drew Brees has the Saints had in their locker room since they came into the league? I’ll wait.

now how many average QB’s have we had run this team? A few for sure, and how many d QB’s have we had? A lot.
Its so unfair to start judging Taysom after two games in which we won.

I judge Taysom by his heart and drive to win every Sunday. I love Taysom because he loves to play and has fun doing so. It’s always been infectious to his teammates and the fans. he’s the exact opposite of Arron Brooks who always smiled after turning the ball over.
‘what I do not know yet about Taysom yet I am willing to wait to find out is if he can put this team on his shoulders and carry them to a win after they have been behind by 2-3 scores. That’s what Drew has done for us.
Taysom is not Drew Brees! But again no one is.

I'm actually glad Falcons won big last week because it does 2 things:

1) It makes them overconfident that they are a good team and don't need tricks to beat us.

2) It makes us not see them as cellar dwellers and have us play down to their level.

I'm confident that they can't beat us unless we turn the ball over too much. Secure the ball, harass Matt Ryan, win the game. Just don't get cute or play uninspired.
Haha that almost happened if not fo the D. Good call

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom