Gregg Williams deserves some props! (1 Viewer)

With our offense and style of play, the defense will be on the field quite a bit. Also, with the past 2 weeks and our IDEAL gameplan, the opposing team is playing catch-up. All this combined is prime for opposing team's to put up big numbers. All of which I am fine with.

Last edited:
With out offense and style of play, the defense will be on the field quite a bit. Also, with the past 2 weeks and our IDEAL gameplan, the opposing team is playing catch-up. All this combined is prime for opposing team's to put up big numbers. All of which I am fine with.

Look if the defense can generate extra offensive drives through turnovers and 3 and outs as well as hold the opposing team to around 20 points a game, we will go something obscene like 14-2. Period

If this offense gets around 11 or 12 drives a game (12 last week, 12 this week), it will average well over 30 points a game and may make a run at the NFL Team Scoring record.

Really only that one blown coverage.

More importantly... after that blown coverage before the break they showed Gregg Williams talking to Roman Harper on the sideline.

Remember Gibb's commenting about telling the defense "don't let Hester get past you" and we ended up losing that way?

Notice after that blown coverage, it didn't happen again.

wait wait so Kolb passes for 400 yards and we are supposed to congratulate somebody? ***?

More importantly... after that blown coverage before the break they showed Gregg Williams talking to Roman Harper on the sideline.

Remember Gibb's commenting about telling the defense "don't let Hester get past you" and we ended up losing that way?

Notice after that blown coverage, it didn't happen again.

*shrug*

Blown coverages happen from time-to-time, especially considering how often teams will be putting the ball in the air against us. As long as it isn't with the frequency of 2007/2008 I can live with it.

Remember we gave up tons of big plays on defense in 2006 and still had the #12 defense in the NFL and made it to the NFC Championship game. I'm more interested in the defense generating opportunities for our offense through aggressively creating 3-and-outs or generating turnovers when given a lead.

*shrug*

Blown coverages happen from time-to-time, especially considering how often teams will be putting the ball in the air against us. As long as it isn't with the frequency of 2007/2008 I can live with it.

Remember we gave up tons of big plays on defense in 2006 and still had the #12 defense in the NFL and made it to the NFC Championship game. I'm more interested in the defense generating opportunities for our offense through aggressively creating 3-and-outs or generating turnovers when given a lead.

I know they happen from time to time but even you have to admit, they seemed to happen more to us than anyone over the years. I mean, we're we leading in plays over 20+ yards on defense?

BTW, my response was more on discipline than anything. I'm sure it will happen again but I like that Gregg will be a in your face coach when there is an issue.

I'm pretty stoked that our defense has gotten 6 TOs so far. I don't think anyone realizes how huge that is for us with the offense we have. Those two TOs at the beginning of the half should certainly show why.

wait wait so Kolb passes for 400 yards and we are supposed to congratulate somebody? ***?

Yeah, how about the New Orleans Saints for winning. :)

Seriously though, they pretty much played soft coverage for half a game. Yards will be gained.

There will, however, come a time this season where we will have to rely on our defense to win a game. And I'm still a little worried about that.

This defense will only get better once we upgrade certain positions..but you see the immediate impact, I mean were creating turnovers, not just going into the season talking about doing it...we wanted turnovers, we got guys who have a penchant for doing so (Porter, Sharper, Jenkins, Greer) so depending what we need to take that next step, we must get players who have a penchant for doing the things this team needs an upgrade at..but I like what I see, it would have been nice to hold him to a lower throwing number but, when your getting blown out, teams usually play it to perserve the win, not the blowout, so teams can throw pick there way down the field on you so they get "playing from behind" stats...sure it looks bad, but it doesnt take away from the defense, we won 48-22...there really isnt much you can complain about that doesnt happen in any football game...the Eagles should be complaining...good win Saints...

Has Greer given up anything at all so far this season? It's all fallen incomplete or slapped down as far as I can recollect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom