Gregg Williams to Titans?? (1 Viewer)

Won't it be interesting when someone like a released Harper or Ellis goes to play for him there. We don't really know the whole story. I don't even remember Vilma talking trash on GW. Did he?

Somewhere Pete Rose is feverishly flipping through a Webster's Dictionary to look up the meaning of the word "ban".

wow. i am truly shocked. he gets a job the very first opportunity he can when the media was saying he would never/should never work again in NFL. They don't have a clue. the bounty thing really was all just a hatchet public relations job in the media by goodell and had nothing do with the reality of coaching and playing in the NFL...unbelievable

Why are you shocked? The man brought one of his teams a Lombardi, has 4-3, 3-4 hybrid experience, and given the right talent...is ready to help another team win some games or a title. If its about that bounty mess...even Sean Payton said that is something all teams have...a money pool. Most players from other teams even said that GW speeches are nothing new in the NFL. We were just made examples of...is all.

I'm happy for GW3.

I'm not mad at Greg Williams, I'm mad at Goodell... Again. He made darn sure Payton had to fulfill his suspension. If all he was going to do was punish GW the same as Payton, be man and say so.

I surprised that he got a job. Not for the reason that media marketed though. I just think after his sworn testimony against his former players, he would have no credibility with his new ones.

Exactly...his rep is shot. Players won't ever forget what he did.

It was widely reported the day that Sean was reinstated, that Gregg was granted permission to visit teams to pursue a job and he has been for 3 weeks or so.

The league said that he was still suspended and only after he got a job would his reinstatement be considered by the commissioner.

It seems I remember the day SP was reinstated, Rams fired GW, and NFL mentioned something about he was free to seek other opportunities. Something like that.

I think it's just not fair to SP when GW is supposed to be suspended indefinitely. Now just after one year, GW can find a job again in NFL, then what is the point to suspend GW indefinitely in the first place?

And NFL allows him to talk to teams before the reinstatement is also an unfair act. It just gives GW one more reason to convince NFL to grant the permission when he has a team to back him up.

It just makes me wonder NFL and GW have a deal behind in advance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom