Greta Van Fleet (formerly 'some kids that sound like Led Zeppelin') (1 Viewer)

:hihi: Good one. But I think ole Rocky would’ve thrown in the towel on this debate too!

I'm not disagreeing with you. But I don't know anyone that would argue that Led Zep were the "originators" of rock.

I mean I've heard friends argue Elvis, Fats, Chuck Berry (who I happen to think is the true originator)....never Led Zep....rock didn't start in the late 60's, it started sometime in the early 50's.

Agreed, never been a fan of Elvis. But one of my best friends who is actually a really talented guitarist, loves him and believes he started it all....I don't know why he believes this...

Chuck Berry was the pioneer of rock guitar, song writing, singing and stage presence, Elvis was simply a singer, he did have a great band backing him (Scotty Moore and all)...

Agreed, never been a fan of Elvis. But one of my best friends who is actually a really talented guitarist, loves him and believes he started it all....I don't know why he believes this...

Chuck Berry was the pioneer of rock guitar, song writing, singing and stage presence, Elvis was simply a singer, he did have a great band backing him (Scotty Moore and all)...

Chuck Berry is the one. I'm with you there.

New song "Broken Bells" released late last week, I guess you can say this is their "ballad", another solid tune. So far this album has been very well produced by Greg Kurstin, not a fan of what he did with the Foo Fighters last two albums but great producing work with these guys.

Full album dropped this past Friday, pretty good album and I was not a fan of the other work, its an anthem style album.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom