Gretna (Nebraska) stripped of 2021 state high school football title (1 Viewer)

LEOTEZ

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Why can't this happen in professional sports when evidence of cheating/tampering has been found. Looking at you Patriots/Brady. I will never consider Brady superior to Brees due to this!

Wonder which sore losers tattled on them?

If this was about his grades not being up to par, and somehow was allowed to continue playing, that would be way different. The whole "well he actually lived here, and not there" is a chicken **** reason to strip a team of a title.

The NFL would never erase any championship from its records bc of the “integrity of the shield”.

Those kids will always be state champions. Bet $$$ they'll even have a banner on their field that says state champions. Just like Reggie Bush will always be a Heisman.

Also buildings don't have a 13th floor. But people on the 14th floor know what floor they're on.

Happens in alot School sports, I dunno about ineligible players, but even down the road their was funny business in HS Basketball and Bantam league sports. In the end it was a get together in whats best interest for so and so team to win. Basically fixed.

This was the result of a student who's parents were divorced. When the student left one school to go to the other, the former coach got angry and when all of the I's weren't dotted and T's crossed just right, they found the student was actually ineligible for all of those games. That's the word circulating up here. As to the reason the OP sites this story, my guess is the difference is $$... the NFL has lots and high school sports do not.

The NFL would never erase any championship from its records bc of the “integrity of the shield”.

The NFL showed it's true colors back in 1994-95....the 49er's were caught paying players under the table and basically cheating on the cap. That title should have been stripped but the NFL looked the other way...Then in the late 90's they got caught again but because they weren't as relevant (darling champions) they got punished that time.

F the NFL....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom