Gretna Traffic Enforcement (1 Viewer)

I got one 3 years ago. I refused to pay it. They still send me a bill now and than but it has't shown up on my credit report yet even.

I had the same thing happen to me with one of them. I haven't heard from them in several years now, so I suppose I'm off the hook for it by now, heh.

I only issue speeding citations when the driver is doing at least 10 over, anything else, really isn't worth my time.

I had the same thing happen to me with one of them. I haven't heard from them in several years now, so I suppose I'm off the hook for it by now, heh.

Why does it work differently if you get pulled over? My violation was non-moving, but I left the country when it was due to pay, came back, forgot about it.

I got kindly reminded of it about a year later by NOPD with a free ride to Tulane & Broad. :jpshakehead:

Really, I have no problem with actual traffic enforcement. When you resort to "traps" or things like cameras it is over 90 times out of 100 decided upon higher up based on revenue generation, though, not safety. That's why I think taking the revenue incentive out of the decision making process truly returns it to actual safety and law enforcement from a shakedown.

BTW, not paying usually makes it much worse, as most municipalities tack on new fines and charge interest on all of them in addition to putting out a bench warrant (which as you say doesn't matter if you don't live there). It's easiest just to pay and move on, sad but true. It's also going to ding your insurance rate. I rarely speed unless I'm going somewhere that takes over 3-5 hours to get there, as even insanely doubling your speed on 20 minute trip is just going to save you a few minutes anyway.

Why does it work differently if you get pulled over? My violation was non-moving, but I left the country when it was due to pay, came back, forgot about it.

I got kindly reminded of it about a year later by NOPD with a free ride to Tulane & Broad. :jpshakehead:

Because they're (pulled over vs. photo ticketing) not the same thing. I'm not sure if it's the same in every state, but in most states the photo fines/tickets have no effect on insurance and generally are run by an outside company, and not the police department, so non-payment cannot be enforced by law enforcement.

The company can ding your credit, but that's about it.

Again, I'm not sure if it is different in other states.

The EE is really usually pretty helpful, but not one person has really tried to address my questions.

1) Will paying these fines show up as a moving violation and go on a record and possibly hurt my insurance rates?

2) If the answer to #1 is "no," will contesting one of these tickets in court potentially make the answer "yes?"

3) Is there any recourse for me in this situation, especially with multiple citations for the same offense within 24 hours without any notification in between?

4) Any other useful advice besides the "stop speeding?"

The EE is really usually pretty helpful, but not one person has really tried to address my questions.

1) Will paying these fines show up as a moving violation and go on a record and possibly hurt my insurance rates?

2) If the answer to #1 is "no," will contesting one of these tickets in court potentially make the answer "yes?"

3) Is there any recourse for me in this situation, especially with multiple citations for the same offense within 24 hours without any notification in between?

1) Depends on the state and possibly depends on the agreement between local law enforcement and the company/manufacturer of the ticketing system, but just about everywhere I'm familiar with, regardless of payment or lack thereof, there is zero effect on insurance. I believe this is the case because there is no record of who is actually driving the vehicle.

2) The short answer is no.

3) Can't help you there.

4) Really, you ultimately have three options. Pay, don't pay, and contest the ticket (which is usually pretty hard to do when they have a photo of your vehicle as evidence.)

Will a Red Light Camera Ticket Affect My Driving Record?

Do photo radar speeding tickets go on your driving record? (Portland: DMV, car) - City-Data Forum

Speed cameras-does the ticket go on your record? @ TigerDroppings.com

LCG Traffic & Transportation - SafeSpeed FAQ

Louisiana Traffic Ticket FAQ Frequently Asked Questions

New Orleans traffic camera fines often go uncollected | NOLA.com

Hopefully you find your answers here somewhere.

In Lafayette, they the council passed language where they can take you to civil court. Besides reporting to credit bureau.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The question concerning reporting a violation to a credit bureau is that:

1. They don't necessarily have youR social security numbEr, which is used to make a credit bureau report.

2. Even if they had your SSN, do they know who was driving. While a ticket may be issued to the owner of the car, it doEs not mean that the owner was driving. A credit report ding could easily be disputed.

3. Most states do not report tickets anyway to credit bureaus if the ticket is issued based on a camera vice real police officer.

I once got lost came to a toll, it was unmanned and 5 bucks. I had no cash, went thru made a u turn... Went to register my truck couldn't do it till I paid 2 tickets for toll violation. If money's involved... Humans should be as well.

Its a white SUV they park on the side of the road. It is usually on Lafayette St past the expressway towards gretna blvd by the ball park. They also keep it on the lower expressway from lafayette to manhattan. It was on the lower expressway from lafayette to the mall the other day. And it can be near the school on gretna blvd between lafayette and manhattan.

It sucks, but I don't know if you can stop it without slowing down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom