Grill-less Super Bowl party (1 Viewer)

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So I was invited to a Super Bowl party this week. I don't like either team so this one is more about getting drunk and eating good food. Yesterday I bought some ground elk (yes, elk) and beef and was going to try a new burger recipe with some pimento cheese spread I'm making. I text the hostess to make known my intentions, and the response is "sounds good, our grill is broken but we can just pan fry them."

Broken grill? Did you know this when you sent out the invite? Can I take back my proposal to cook delicious exotic burgers?

Just another reason I don't like gas grills. Grills shouldn't be able to break. :mad:

Buy a small $20 grill from Walmart and take it with you. Problem solved.

a grate, a bag of lumps, and a few bricks/logs and just clear out a spot on the ground.

I agree. get a cheap grill. The reason I respond though is to ask where you buy Elk. I have had it and love it but a buddy gave me some after a hunting trip. I did not know you could buy it.

I agree. get a cheap grill. The reason I respond though is to ask where you buy Elk. I have had it and love it but a buddy gave me some after a hunting trip. I did not know you could buy it.

hey zack,my clutch pedal. i was thinking the same thing..just like bear meat and deer.i had elk once many moons ago..good taste..but the bear meat is very very fatty..didnt care for that much at all. deer meat (venizen?)..mmm,not really all that hip on that either. another alternative is bison..very low in fat but high in protein. eat well today and enjoy a horrible game..like the OP..i dislike both teams,especially SF. i remember growing up as a young lad..how they owned the saints..seems like we never beat them when we were in the west division..the 70's and 80's were horrible against them..dating back to the steve spurrier days

good luck with the elk zack..you deserve something different

Bison is great - I know it's available at the downtown Rouse's, and I've seen it at other locations.

thanks guys. I was parked a block from that Rouses just the other day but I have never been in there. Now I have a good reason to go check it out. :9:

Bison is great - I know it's available at the downtown Rouse's, and I've seen it at other locations.

it really is..yet people put their noses up to it..maybe because it's a ugly animal..but has anybody ever seen a pretty cow?

i took my blonde bombshell to a fine steakhouse up here last year..guess what..didnt get a steak...had a bison burger..12 bucks but it came with sides. my better half said "that's just gross". i had her take a bite of it..now when she goes to Federal Meats,which is our local butcher..it's on the list.

remember..never judge the book buy it's cover.

enjoy your day buzd

I thought this thread was about a vegan Super Bowl party....

I thought this thread was about a vegan Super Bowl party....

no,this thread is about me trying to keep you people healthy..you included. where is bhm on this thread..i bet he's at deano's check out counter getting a cajun executioner..with double cheese...

grins

a grate, a bag of lumps, and a few bricks/logs and just clear out a spot on the ground.

This. Get the charcoal as hot as you can, next shake a good amount of seasonings on the brick. Quickly dip some of your favorite smoking chips in some beer and throw it on the charcoal. Let the wood chips burn out then cook your burgers. You don't have to do the wood chips and stuff but it seasons the brick really quick then your burgers taste even better.

It worked so good when my grill quit working in the middle of a cook out that I ended up making a larger grill with center blocks for permanent use. I made it in sections so I don't have to dump huge amounts of charcoal just to grill a small amount. Also put adjustable metal vents in the side and burned a bunch of pecan limbs in it before grilling. I can cook a couple steaks or can cook about 15 slabs of ribs at once.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom