Gronk traded to the Bucs (1 Viewer)

Passing TD’s and yards surrendered by Buccaneers defense...
  • 14 passing TD’s in September/October
  • 16 passing TD’s in November/December
  • 2,001 passing yards in September/October
  • 2,321 passing yards in November/December
Not much improvement there.

And these are the teams they beat in November and December and their offensive rankings...
  • Cardinals (5-10-1): 16th in points, 21st in yards
  • Falcons (7-9): 13th in points, 5th in yards
  • Jaguars (6-10): 26th in points, 20th in yards
  • Colts (7-9): 16th in points, 25th in yards
  • Lions (3-12-1): 18th in points, 17th in yards
These are the teams they lost to...
  • Seahawks (11-5): 9th in points, 8th in yards
  • Saints (13-3): 3rd in points, 9th in yards
  • Texans (10-6): 14th in points, 13th in yards
I see a pattern there...

LMAO, what?
jerry.jpg

Their defense was literally 1st in points, yards, 1st downs surrendered, passing TD’s surrendered, interceptions, and rushing TD’s surrendered. 2nd in turnovers and passing yards surrendered. And in the top-10 for fumbles, passing and rushing attempts, and rushing yards.

“No team around him”, LOOOOOOOL.

Not sure where you got your numbers from, but these are the numbers that I see on Football-Reference.

Games 1-8 - 2348yds w/ 19 passing TD’s allowed

Games 9-16 - 1813yds w/ 11 passing TD’s allowed

Davis or Jenkins will take will bury him our first game, if he’s still healthy.

This is going to be fun and interesting.
It is all about the records for Brady.
The only thing threat to his legacy is Drew.
Both of these guys have the same goals
IMO; the gauntlet has been thrown but
Brees >> Brady Saints >> Bucs NFC South>> AFC East

Not sure where you got your numbers from, but these are the numbers that I see on Football-Reference.

Games 1-8 - 2348yds w/ 19 passing TD’s allowed

Games 9-16 - 1813yds w/ 11 passing TD’s allowed
I got my numbers from the same place you did, but you didn’t say Games 1-8 and 9-16, you said in “November and December” so that’s how I divided the games up.

The Seattle game was played in November so that’s where I put those passing stats from that game (347 yards and 5 TD’s).

Is it even possible to add 30-50 pounds of muscle in 4 months without PEDs?

Last edited:
I got my numbers from the same place you did, but you didn’t say Games 1-8 and 9-16, you said in “November and December” so that’s how I divided the games up.

The Seattle game was played in November so that’s where I put those passing stats from that game (347 yards and 5 TD’s).

Ok, well I meant first half of season vs second half of season. So yes if you use 9 games vs 7 games, then you get your numbers.

As stated originally, Football Outsiders ranked the Bucs defense as the 5th best overall DVOA at the end of last year. 12th against the pass and 1st against the run. That has to mean something right? They had them ranked as #32 overall at the end of 2018.

Last edited:
Apparently the Bucs tried to trade for Trent Williams 2 months ago:

Physically broken down and can't stay healthy at this point.

Since "retiring" he's been spending most of his time trying to sell CBD products....

A noodle arm Brady and broken Gronk don't scare me

As a general rule of thumb, when you trade with Bill Belichick, you are not getting the good end of that stick. Belichick, more than any man alive, knows the real status and capability of both Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski. And he traded them both away.

We will not be playing against 2015 Brady and Gronk. We will be playing against a Tom Brady that looked awful last year and couldn't catch up to Brees' records even with Brees missing over a third of the season, and against a Gronk that retired because of back issues, was out of football shape for a year, lost a ton of weight, and hasn't played a snap since 2018. Oh, and both of them will be playing in an entirely new system behind a suspect O-Line.

Will they be pushovers? Probably not. Are they the world-beaters they were 5 years ago? Not even close.

Ok, well I meant first half of season vs second half of season. So yes if you use 9 games vs 7 games, then you get your numbers.

As stated originally, Football Outsiders ranked the Bucs defense as the 5th best overall DVOA at the end of last year. 12th against the pass and 1st against the run. That has to mean something right? They had them ranked as #32 overall at the end of 2018.

I mean that game against Seattle really was an outlier of their season, especially considering they also gave up 145 on the ground as well, so whatever side that game is totaled with will push it over the edge.

The biggest difference I see was the number of 1st downs their defense surrendered that suggests some improvement.
  • First 8 games: 179 first downs surrendered (22.4 per game)
    • 125 via pass (15.6 per game)
    • 31 via rush (3.9 per game)
    • 23 via penalty (2.9 per game)
  • Last 8 games: 152 first downs surrendered (19.0 per game)
    • 97 via pass (12.1 per game)
    • 39 via rush (4.9 per game)
    • 16 via penalty (2.0 per game)
The defense getting off the field earlier 3 extra times per game will help nearly any unit (except maybe our 2012 defense).

But indeed, it might mean something, however by the same token it could as easily not. We'll just have to wait until the games are played.

Passing TD’s and yards surrendered by Buccaneers defense...
  • 14 passing TD’s in September/October
  • 16 passing TD’s in November/December
  • 2,001 passing yards in September/October
  • 2,321 passing yards in November/December
Not much improvement there.

And these are the teams they beat in November and December and their offensive rankings...
  • Cardinals (5-10-1): 16th in points, 21st in yards
  • Jaguars (6-10): 26th in points, 20th in yards
  • Colts (7-9): 16th in points, 25th in yards
  • Lions (3-12-1): 18th in points, 17th in yards
These are the teams they lost to...
  • Seahawks (11-5): 9th in points, 8th in yards
  • Saints (13-3): 3rd in points, 9th in yards
  • Texans (10-6): 14th in points, 13th in yards
I see a pattern there...

LMAO, what?
jerry.jpg

Their defense was literally 1st in points, yards, 1st downs surrendered, passing TD’s surrendered, interceptions, and rushing TD’s surrendered. 2nd in turnovers and passing yards surrendered. And in the top-10 for fumbles, passing and rushing attempts, and rushing yards.

“No team around him”, LOOOOOOOL.
Ppl are just using the narrative from last year to excuse why he looked so bad

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom