Ground Pati in Metairie caught on fire tonight (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Aw man, I grew up going to that location....that really sucks, hope no one was hurt....

And yeah its a total loss. ( working from Metairie today so passed it this am )

Gonna miss my Southwest Egg Rolls and the Pat'i

Like many here, my wife ( Metairie gal ) spent a ton of time in there growing up and for me, 23 years down the block, many a company lunch had in their with contracts being struck over hamburger steak.

I really feel for the employees- many whom were stalwarts for over a decade in that place. Gotta be a really bad feeling for them ....had a steady, decent paying job Monday and Tuesday, no job. Ugh.

And yeah its a total loss. ( working from Metairie today so passed it this am )

Gonna miss my Southwest Egg Rolls and the Pat'i

Like many here, my wife ( Metairie gal ) spent a ton of time in there growing up and for me, 23 years down the block, many a company lunch had in their with contracts being struck over hamburger steak.

I really feel for the employees- many whom were stalwarts for over a decade in that place. Gotta be a really bad feeling for them ....had a steady, decent paying job Monday and Tuesday, no job. Ugh.
They interviewed one lady last night who has worked there for 44 years. She said one of her customers called her to tell her. The interviewer said, "A customer had your personal phone number?" And she replied that after 44 years there that a lot of them did. She went on to say something along the lines of "I wanted to work here a few more years and retire."

we used to eat there when i was growing up...i can't say i have been there in the last 25 years though and i live 5 minutes from there

i did find out later that the only reason my parents took us there was because kids ate free on a certain day and they had 4 of us

They interviewed one lady last night who has worked there for 44 years. She said one of her customers called her to tell her. The interviewer said, "A customer had your personal phone number?" And she replied that after 44 years there that a lot of them did. She went on to say something along the lines of "I wanted to work here a few more years and retire."

I know exactly who she is.( i think its her anyway ) She wore glasses, stood in the lil hallway between dining room/kitchen, overseeing everything for the 23 years ive been just down the street.

I thought she was an owner because she was ALWAYS there in that exact spot and picking up slack when things got hectic ( running food to tables, answering phones etc )

We eat there semi-regularly. It had fallen on hard times more than once over the years it felt like. A lady who used to be a waitress bought it recently and had really seemed to turn the business around. It was always crowded lately. I feel so bad for her and her staff. I hope they come back, but it'll take a lot of time and probably more than the insurance would pay out if they need a whole new building.

There was a ground pati on Sherwood forrest blvd. in BR back in the day. Used to meet my husband there for lunch sometimes. They had the roasted peanuts in a bucket, burgers were good.
Is this the same outfit?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom