Groves posted a 4.5 (unoffical) (1 Viewer)

Even better news, Shawn Crable ran a 4.56 and is a true outside linebacker that can put his hands down and rush the passer.

Auburn DE/OLB Quentin Groves posted the fastest forty time among the first DL group Monday, clocking in at 4.50.

It's unofficial, but impressive for the 6'3/254-pounder. Other times include USC DT Sedrick Ellis (5.21), Michigan OLB Shawn Crable (4.56), and Virginia Tech DE/OLB Chris Ellis (4.75). Vernon Gholston is in the second group.
WOW! If Ellis really did only run a 5.21, he may still be there at #10 for us. I would be interested to see what his 10 and 20 yard split is.

If we draft an Auburn boy, I think Saints fans will be extremely pleased at what they will get. This kid if the real freakin deal people. I am an Auburn fan and we put on good RB's, good DE's and O-linemen like a steel factory in Pittsburgh. Auburn is extemely underrated when it comes to its NFL contributions, if Groves comes here I promise you I will wear my Auburn jersey and a Saints hat to a Saints game this year, hell I will wear it around LSU fans at the Dome, I don't care if they kick my ***, I am an Auburn man and a Saints fan so it does not matter.

War Eagle

and Geaux Saints, who says you cannot have the best of both worlds

If we draft an Auburn boy, I think Saints fans will be extremely pleased at what they will get. This kid if the real freakin deal people. I am an Auburn fan and we put on good RB's, good DE's and O-linemen like a steel factory in Pittsburgh. Auburn is extemely underrated when it comes to its NFL contributions, if Groves comes here I promise you I will wear my Auburn jersey and a Saints hat to a Saints game this year, hell I will wear it around LSU fans at the Dome, I don't care if they kick my ***, I am an Auburn man and a Saints fan so it does not matter.

War Eagle

I thought you were a South Alabama fan :shrug:

War Eagle

:homer:

I go to South Alabama for school and like their B-ball team, my heart will always be at Auburn , I will always love that school. It is burned inside of me to a degree that will never be extinguished. I will always love the loveliest village on the Plains, its too important for me to ever let go

Just got this off of draft daddy so take it with a grain of salt.

Former Auburn star Quentin Groves' ten yard split was among the best ever at any Indy Combine. He is at Dwight Freeney and Bruce Smith's level in that sense. But many scouts think he's ill fit to a 3-4 defense and better as a 4-3 defensive end, who would be let loose to wreck havoc. Scouts tell you to look at his Tennessee Tech game, in which he did not fare well in the 3-4 base. When he went back to a 4-3 end he was a monster -- check the South Florida tape.

Check out the K State clip. Notice the beast that is Pat Sims next to him.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lV24Df50h5I&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lV24Df50h5I&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom