Grrrr.....the cost of health care. (1 Viewer)

You know what happened when Martin Shkreli was booted from Turing Pharma? Nothing, the price of that Aids drug stayed the same.

As long as the rules are in place, pharmaceutical companies have no reason to lower prices. Get mad at congress, or more simply put, don't hate the player, hate the game.

I rescheduled and have now had the test. I'm probably sicker from writing the check than anything which will be found on the test.

I may have spoken too soon. Now for more tests. sigh

Can we just go to single payer and be done with it? Doing a half-mearsure system will give you half-measure results. I'm not really sure why anyone is surprised at what's happening. The insurance companies are mostly making more money than they ever have. And people caught in the middle are getting crushed. The burden isn't being equitably shared, so just get everyone covered and pay an additional tax to cover it. Would be a lot cheaper system because then you'd get the remaining healthy individuals who, for whatever reason, haven't signed up for ACA.

Can we just go to single payer and be done with it? Doing a half-mearsure system will give you half-measure results. I'm not really sure why anyone is surprised at what's happening. The insurance companies are mostly making more money than they ever have. And people caught in the middle are getting crushed. The burden isn't being equitably shared, so just get everyone covered and pay an additional tax to cover it. Would be a lot cheaper system because then you'd get the remaining healthy individuals who, for whatever reason, haven't signed up for ACA.

It's just too freaking expensive and when reasonable people will make the decision to not have it and roll the dice betting on auto, homeowners or worker's comp to cover them if they have an injury overlooking entirely the massive odds of illness then we have a broken system.

We are the only modern nation on earth where people can't get or afford health care and where seemingly every doctor is rich. Evey hospital exec and insurance exec is laughing themselves to the bank and we can't get our middle class covered by insurance that doesn't cost more than a mortgage.

People keep calling me a communist because I advocate universal health care. Just another example of all the many things wrong with health care being a commodity.

People keep calling me a communist because I advocate universal health care. Just another example of all the many things wrong with health care being a commodity.

I'm all for it as well.

The capitalist swine who mock our values :)hihi:) think universal healthcare will destroy the market and send unemployment into the abyss although there are already examples to prove otherwise.

We have jobs and pay a lot of taxes. Our insurance costs have easily doubled since this program has been put in place.

Part of the problem is that employers have passed some of the burden on to us. So, prices increase even more for us. It's a hidden variable.

Even company to company variations are staggering. Granted, my wife works for the State, so she's operating with a larger pool, but we have the same heath plan provider, and essentially similar plans. Hers is far cheaper than mine. I doubt it's all from negotiations, it's how much the state is actually paying in benefits vs my company.

Part of the problem is that employers have passed some of the burden on to us. So, prices increase even more for us. It's a hidden variable.

Even company to company variations are staggering. Granted, my wife works for the State, so she's operating with a larger pool, but we have the same heath plan provider, and essentially similar plans. Hers is far cheaper than mine. I doubt it's all from negotiations, it's how much the state is actually paying in benefits vs my company.
The last company I worked for was a very large company with a huge employee roster through half the country. They made it so you'd have to legally prove that your spouse could not get their own insurance through work in order to add them. It's just insane.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The last company I worked for was a very large company with a huge employee roster through half the country. They made it so you'd have to legally prove that your spouse could not get their own insurance through work in order to add them. It's just insane.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That's becoming the trend now. Some only cover the EE cost of the plan, with the employee paying the remainder.

I guess it's good to know that it's a good price....I think that's still high. I would use the VA but the treatment is either horrible or you can't even get in to see anyone.

Obamacare saved me 700 or so per month and it's still more than what you're paying so it's a sort of greyish lining I suppose.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom