Gruden new coach the U? (1 Viewer)

I just can't see Gruden taking a coaching job in the college ranks. He has been a part of the NFL for way too long to want to do something else.

I hope it's true. That would make 1 fewer good NFL coach to play against the Saints.

I generally despised the guy for much of his NFL coaching career and saw him as a poser but after watching him in the booth on Monday Night Football, I got to liking him.

He's very entertaining and does have a sharp mind for the game.
I hope he does well at Miami.

I generally despised the guy for much of his NFL coaching career and saw him as a poser but after watching him in the booth on Monday Night Football, I got to liking him.

He's very entertaining and does have a sharp mind for the game.
I hope he does well at Miami.

When he was with the Bucs I didn't like him either, and to be all honest I found him a bit ugly, but since I knew he's good friends with Payton and the fact that he came to training camp and helped us and all, and the way he talks about us Saints, changed everything.

All I'm saying is that if ESPN was forcing me to go call a game between San Fransisco and Arizona, I'd take the $3 million payday to go live in Miami, like, yesterday.

:hihi:

lmao. :smilielol:

I saw the commercial for that game, and it was like Gruden and Jaws were struggling to find something decent to say, to make the game sound interesting. They settled on, (and I paraphrase), "Patrick Willis and Larry Fitzgerald are both beasts."

:hihi:

Why would Gruden accept a college coaching gig whenever there will be a possible handful of NFL coaching jobs handed to him first? After the season of course. Let's be honest-Dallas, San Fran, Minny, Carolina, and Cincy all have a 95% chance of needing a coach of Gruden's caliber.

I dont know why any college would want to hire Gruden as a coach, the man was a very successful NFL coach and the very second another opportunity arises for him in the league you can gurantee he wont think twice about bolting.. especially if he were successful at that college, him at LSU would be Nick Saban all over again minus about 2 or 3 years

He's now denying it:

Jon Gruden Statement

ESPN Monday Night Football analyst Jon Gruden issued the following statement this evening in response to reports about him and the University of Miami

"I am committed to Monday Night Football and to ESPN. I enjoy working with Mike, Jaws and our entire crew and am just trying to get better at this job."

That's a non-denial denial. Doesn't say eh won't take the U job. Just says he is committed to MNF.... Until he's not. Although if Peter King says it ain't true, it probably isn't.

Last edited:
Fan support for U of Miami football is poor. Even when they had very good teams, they had a difficult time selling-out the Orange Bowl. I can't see Gruden taking this job, unless he wants the challenge of rebuilding a program from scratch. Chuckie should just wait for an NFL opening ... it would be ironic if he ended up in Carolina, wouldn't it?

I just heard from the janitor at Miami Cam Newton's father is negotiating with Miami to bring Gruden and Cam to Miami.:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom