Gruden new coach the U? (1 Viewer)

Miami was once a top college job, when they were an independent. Now it's just another stop in a basketball conference.

He's now denying it:

Jon Gruden Statement

ESPN Monday Night Football analyst Jon Gruden issued the following statement this evening in response to reports about him and the University of Miami

"I am committed to Monday Night Football and to ESPN. I enjoy working with Mike, Jaws and our entire crew and am just trying to get better at this job."

He's now denying it:

Jon Gruden Statement

ESPN Monday Night Football analyst Jon Gruden issued the following statement this evening in response to reports about him and the University of Miami

"I am committed to Monday Night Football and to ESPN. I enjoy working with Mike, Jaws and our entire crew and am just trying to get better at this job."

All I'm saying is that if ESPN was forcing me to go call a game between San Fransisco and Arizona, I'd take the $3 million payday to go live in Miami, like, yesterday.

:hihi:

He's now denying it:
Jon Gruden Statement

He's already mastered this job. Really I do want to see him on the sidelines again. As good as he is in the booth. he was born to be a coach.

Hopefully King is right, I want to see him stick in the NFL. I like following him and I wouldn't way much attention to him if he went to the U.

I can't see him taking the U job with so many head coaching jobs potentially opening up in the NFL next year.

That would be the NFLs and MNF's major loss....the guy is great as an announcer, but if this is true, it's the best thing to happen for Miami.

I doubt he'll coach at Miami... well, at least the University. If that Dolphins job opens up, I bet Chuckie will be all over it.

Gruden will not be with ESPN for next season. He will take a job once a few more options open up. I wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers go after him after Singletary gets the axe. It almost seems like a perfect fit.

He's now denying it:

Jon Gruden Statement

I tend to take these statements with a grain of salt. Before Saban left LSU for the Dolphins gig, he vehemently denied interest. He did the same before leaving Miami for Alabama. Now, Gruden isn't Saban. But this kind of thing happens all the time in the coaching world. Chances are, we won't know anything definite until that vacancy is officially filled.

I hate to see a very good NFL coach go back to the college ranks but I don't think he'll be there very long. Just till the first NFL job comes along.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom