Gruden resigning [CLOSED] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emily Applegate was just speaking on CNN about how toxic & destructive the work environment was at the Washington football headquarters.

As she was speaking her boobs were hanging out of her shirt with a glaring 4 inches of cleavage.

I don’t get it. Men don’t interview with their b**** hanging out.

Why should women be shocked if folks stare when 1/2 their chest is exposed?!?!?

Yesterday we received our first Christmas 🎄 catalog for 2021. Sure enough, right on the cover is a lady with her boobs hanging out with 4 inches of cleavage & a man is putting a jewelry around her neck.

Does not matter to me how folks want to dress, I just can’t understand the dichotomy between how men & women appear in professional settings…..ESPECIALLY when they are fighting for the cause of being respected in the workplace?!?!?
I can't even. Everything you said here is wrong and I won't EVER back down on that. You just get a big old thump on the head.

I have breasts. I sometimes wear v-neck blouses or shirts or dresses because I like the silhouette. Yes, this is a visual reminder that I have breasts and you're going to look. I'm going to look. Everyone's going to look.

Now, because a woman has breasts that aren't camouflaged, your attitude says I am less than a man, my thoughts and ideas don't have to be listened to unless I am a man even though my intellect may be leaps and bounds above yours. That is textbook sexual discrimination and I bet you don't think of yourself as such.

So i take it you are the type when women get raped, you blame it on how they were dressed.... "She was dressed like a slut, so she deserved it"
I don't know what her response would be, but I'm pretty sure she's a woman. I could be wrong though.

So i take it you are the type when women get raped, you blame it on how they were dressed.... "She was dressed like a slut, so she deserved it"
I wasn't going to bring up that subject; but since you did, I'll add on.

Rape is not about a normal sexual desire. It is about force, threat, and control that is manifested by a sexual act.

I can't even. You just get a big old thump on the head.

I have breasts. I sometimes wear v-neck blouses or shirts or dresses because I like the silhouette. Yes, this is a visual reminder that I have breasts and you're going to look. I'm going to look. Everyone's going to look.

Now, because a woman has breasts that aren't camouflaged, your attitude says I am less than a man, my thoughts and ideas don't have to be listened to unless I am a man even though my intellect may be leaps and bounds above yours. That is textbook sexual discrimination and I bet you don't think of yourself as such.
Well said. :9:

Man, what “I wish for,” is for everyone like Gruden to be publicly shamed and humbled to the point where we’re no longer asking oppressed minorities (aka THE ACTUAL VICTIMS) to demonstrate “grace” by perpetually being forced to tolerate their own oppression. It is layers upon layers of insulting psychological trauma and every day we allow it to continue is a tragedy.

I have lost quite a bit of respect in certain people who have shown a disappointing lack of support for this effort, Brees included. If Payton were proved to have a similar history as Gruden, he can kick rocks too.
I support every word written.

I think if anything good can come out of situations like this - it is that it forces us all to examine how we look at others.

Shadows of racism, homophobia, body size judgements, xenophobia etc etc and many of society's darker opinions (collective blaming for example) rub off on us very early in life and no matter how much we try to overcome these - they often lurk in our hidden thoughts.

And of course these things are compartmentalised and battle within our psyches for dominance....so of course we have all met the occasional institutional racist who is kind and supportive of his black friends.

In the UK a famous football manager named Ron Atkinson did not realise he had left his microphone on, while commentating on a match. Bizarrely he launched into a hateful racist attack on a player which was recorded though not broadcast. It surfaced later and he was shamed, disgraced and ostracised from the game.

However, many black players came forward to say this was not the man they remembered. The manager who did more than any other in British football in the 1970s to encourage and develop young black players and involve the West Indian community in the game.

I think that's the dichotomy of Atkinson and Gruden's situation. Bad people can do good things and good people can do bad things. It's horrific that such repugnant views as homophobia, misogyny, xenophobia, racism, transphobia keep resurfacing in society but if we deny they exist in us at all then we are not really addressing the root causes.
Great thoughts! And great profile pic as well.

Yes. I expect 'P'Oed off' would be one of them.
At what or who? You? I don't want to be thought I am perennially P'Oed off and hope I don't come across as such. Maybe I do. God knows there's a lot of things to be PO'd about; and at its core, a fundamental change in how women are seen in society needs -- NEEDS -- to change.

I know who I am. I know I am smart. I know I don't know everything, but I know a lot of things and I want to learn more things. I might get mad at someone who treats me like I'm stupid, but I also know it says more about their intellect than it does mine and my opinion will be that THEY'RE stupid. It doesn't make me doubt my own mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom