Gruden resigning [CLOSED] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How many pages can this thread hit ? What’s the longest ever ?
Hey do you remember the Swimmer Joe Burrow thread. I think that was at 100s of pages. I dont know why i forgot about thread till now. But swimmer unfortunately deleted it cause coach Petes kid saw it

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You know what the most telling of tells is on this thread? All the people who are up in arms about "privacy of work emails" and wanting to know who leaked and punishing the leakers. Rather than the social commentary on what was in the emails. I'm thinking they have said some things they want to hide, and perhaps we are not seeing their true selves.

The rest of us, who are the same in real life as in email. Are not obsessed so much about a fool on a company email server calling his boss a Pu$$y and spewing the trifecta of hate speech (Racism, misogyny and homophobia.) Gruden didn't get fired, he was not pushed out by the league. He wasn't canceled. He resigned. He was no longer a marketable product for the Raiders. Just like the owner and CEO of Pappa Johns was no longer a marketable product for his company, and he resigned as CEO.
You could be right. At the very least, we know there's a lot of ignorance about the lack of privacy on a work e-mail.

Saintshizzle

G.O.M.A.B
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
An organization where majority of leadership & executives are a bunch of old, rich, white millionaires & billionaires and everyone (mostly white American males) is shocked that racist, sexist, homophobic rhetoric is rife within said organization?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
They know, and those Emails will never see the light of day. There is a reason the NFL keeps reiterating that they didnt leak Grudens emails. Dont want to compromise their position and the courts make them open up everything, out of fairness. If we saw them, it may make the entire U.S. mouth drop.
They did. No more Hertz commercials, nor movies, nor NFL spots at all. He is not ever even mentimed in NFL Tributes. Rightfully so....just saying that they absolutely cancelled his butt.

Last edited:

HoustonSaint68

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's really something to see so many people that claim to looove the Constitution just refusing to understand that it doesn't apply to private enterprises.

This is again one of those things that can easily be understood with a first page google search. Like literally click the first drop down bar on the first page of whatever amendment and read a single paragraph. It's really weird that that's somehow a whole type of person now.
Wish I could like this post 100 more times.

CapitalCitySaint

99% Practice; 1% Theory
Reaction score
It's really something to see so many people that claim to looove the Constitution just refusing to understand that it doesn't apply to private enterprises.

This is again one of those things that can easily be understood with a first page google search. Like literally click the first drop down bar on the first page of whatever amendment and read a single paragraph. It's really weird that that's somehow a whole type of person now.
There are a lot of people on here that like to pound their chests about a lot of things who couldn’t pass a basic government, civics, history science or math lesson. Oh, English, either.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a free speech absolutist. The simple fact is, that in America, you have a Constitutionally protected right to be a jerk. The emails should never have been leaked. With the first link, the chain is forged. Speech that you find 'offensive' is the speech that has to be protected above all else, because it's the easiest to ban, and once you start down that road, it's a slippery slope.
That's interesting but it seems to vary based on your complexion and legal protections sometimes. Certain's group's free speech is protected over others (maybe you have heard of the surveillance of Hoover and harassment of Black Civil Rights leaders like MLK and Malcolm X ). He said what he said on a company server, not to a lawyer, priest, or psychologist (things not protected by confidentially). That's just dumb for him put those thoughts in an email.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry. I was in the hospital for a month. I am at home on oxygen. I have this issue where I can't focus all the time. Covid is a real pain in the rectum. I will go back through my post and see if I can fox everything.
Hope you get fully recovered soon man. Hang in there.

Xeno

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sorry. I was in the hospital for a month. I am at home on oxygen. I have this issue where I can't focus all the time. Covid is a real pain in the rectum. I will go back through my post and see if I can fox everything.

This wasn't directed at you personally but the idea that you brought up. "It takes time."

The progress that's been made pales in comparison to where we should be as a society given how much time has passed. Saying progress takes time is effectively handwaving the issue away at this point. I know that's not what you meant by it but that's the reality of the statement.

kizzy821

Existence Sucks
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve read nearly every page of this thread. Has even a single person posted anything that implies a high regard for the morals or motives of the NFL organization? Why is it that some of you are posting challenges to others as if someone has??
I've been perplexed by this as well. Everyone knows the NFL is hypocritical, manipulative, applies a double-standard, has low morals and ethics, etc.

So I'm not sure why some posters expect THIS situation to be the one where we declare "Enough is enough!"

You're still here after BountyGate, but apoplectic with the NFL for exposing Jon Gruden? Jon Gruden. Ok.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The modern-day problem with this is corporations and the government are blurring into one and the same. Particularly social media.
Gruden used and communicated via corporate emails to NFL team execs saying what he said. Are you saying the NFL is blurring into one and the same with the government? Because to me that doesn't make a lick of sense.

big screen D

Rookie
Reaction score
Gruden used and communicated via corporate emails to NFL team execs saying what he said. Are you saying the NFL is blurring into one and the same with the government? Because to me that doesn't make a lick of sense.
No, I should have been clear I'm not referring to this particular issue. I'm mainly referring to media outlets and large corporations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom