Gruden resigning [CLOSED] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inevitable.

You like to think Goodell is shrewd enough to have known where this would go if you try to selectively leak, so maybe it wasn't him.

Then again, who knows what is in that e-mail stash. Could be enough dirt at all levels to make all this rage go away in the next few weeks when people start getting back channeled and informed of who in their organization will be implicated.
The emails were not leaked to the press. They were disseminated to the press. There is a difference you know. LEAKED information doesn't have anyone standing behind the information. The releasing of information under the auspices of the NFL to the press, isn't leaking information. They were well within their purview to do what they want with their Emails, as it was on their servers. There is -0- expectation of privacy on work place servers. So, selectively released by the NFL would be more accurate.

This is a very silly argument. We hold the highest standards in the Military, and hold even the lowest ranking Soldier to account on his behavior and honor. That has nothing ti do with artists and entertainment. We bring those very people, and worse to visit us on Bases and overseas, for the ones brave enough to come.

Artists and entertainment do not represent the businesses that bring them in, hires them to perform, and that is nationwide. Another false argument.
Sweet your in the Military as a vet Thank you for all do. Im very grateful that thier are young men and women who value this country and what its supposed to stand for.

This is a very silly argument. We hold the highest standards in the Military, and hold even the lowest ranking Soldier to account on his behavior and honor. That has nothing ti do with artists and entertainment. We bring those very people, and worse to visit us on Bases and overseas, for the ones brave enough to come.

Artists and entertainment do not represent the businesses that bring them in, hires them to perform, and that is nationwide. Another false argument.
What branch ? I was Navy, FMF Corpsman.

I think you should be careful with that number and line of thinking. My first problem with these numbers is how many pockets come from inner cities and are they capable of becoming a coach. I know that sounds bad, but think about this. We are already being told that part of the issue with poc is lack of education opportunities. However you're an outstanding athlete and people just push you along the path. Second point would be how many of these athletes want to be a head coach? There are many more poc in the coaching profession than before. How many of those are the face of your organization? How many actually want to be and or qualified to coach and run an organization? Is it right? Of course not. It is however the current situation. There are many things being done to give pockets opportunity but it takes time. Is it a shame this is where we are in 2021, absolutely. But we can't ignore that things are being done. There are more poc in NFL coaching than ever before so strides are being made.
This is a lot of BS to unpack. What are you talking about?

An organization where majority of leadership & executives are a bunch of old, rich, white millionaires & billionaires and everyone (mostly white American males) is shocked that racist, sexist, homophobic rhetoric is rife within said organization?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
This 10000xxxx this

If Gruden's out of the Tampa ring of honor, are they gonna give that Lombardi back so they only have one now?

Also, I remember when the Buffalo Bills erased OJ Simpson from their Ring of Honor.

Nope, wait, that didn't happen.

Last edited:
The emails cover several years. No viable business would want to be associated with the stuff he said. He'll be lucky to be a commentator at a little league football game at this point.
I'm a free speech absolutist. The simple fact is, that in America, you have a Constitutionally protected right to be a jerk. The emails should never have been leaked. With the first link, the chain is forged. Speech that you find 'offensive' is the speech that has to be protected above all else, because it's the easiest to ban, and once you start down that road, it's a slippery slope.

I'm a free speech absolutist. The simple fact is, that in America, you have a Constitutionally protected right to be a jerk. The emails should never have been leaked. With the first link, the chain is forged. Speech that you find 'offensive' is the speech that has to be protected above all else, because it's the easiest to ban, and once you start down that road, it's a slippery slope.
Gruden has the freedom to say whatever he wants. He’s not getting arrested. He’s not free from the consequences and aftermath of what he said.

You need to go back and re-read the Constitution, because that's not how any of this works.

To be clear, what you type in a company email account isn't protected speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom