Gruden resigning [CLOSED] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a free speech absolutist. The simple fact is, that in America, you have a Constitutionally protected right to be a jerk. The emails should never have been leaked. With the first link, the chain is forged. Speech that you find 'offensive' is the speech that has to be protected above all else, because it's the easiest to ban, and once you start down that road, it's a slippery slope.

i must have missed the part where Gruden was arrested and jailed for something he said in those emails

I'm a free speech absolutist. The simple fact is, that in America, you have a Constitutionally protected right to be a jerk. The emails should never have been leaked. With the first link, the chain is forged. Speech that you find 'offensive' is the speech that has to be protected above all else, because it's the easiest to ban, and once you start down that road, it's a slippery slope.
Well, he isn't going to be prosecuted. That's what he's protected from. But a company server? Nope. You cannot expect personal privacy.

You know what the most telling of tells is on this thread? All the people who are up in arms about "privacy of work emails" and wanting to know who leaked and punishing the leakers. Rather than the social commentary on what was in the emails. I'm thinking they have said some things they want to hide, and perhaps we are not seeing their true selves.

The rest of us, who are the same in real life as in email. Are not obsessed so much about a fool on a company email server calling his boss a Pu$$y and spewing the trifecta of hate speech (Racism, misogyny and homophobia.) Gruden didn't get fired, he was not pushed out by the league. He wasn't canceled. He resigned. He was no longer a marketable product for the Raiders. Just like the owner and CEO of Pappa Johns was no longer a marketable product for his company, and he resigned as CEO.

It's really something to see so many people that claim to looove the Constitution just refusing to understand that it doesn't apply to private enterprises.

This is again one of those things that can easily be understood with a first page google search. Like literally click the first drop down bar on the first page of whatever amendment and read a single paragraph. It's really weird that that's somehow a whole type of person now.

Last edited:
I think you should be careful with that number and line of thinking. My first problem with these numbers is how many pockets come from inner cities and are they capable of becoming a coach. I know that sounds bad, but think about this. We are already being told that part of the issue with poc is lack of education opportunities. However you're an outstanding athlete and people just push you along the path. Second point would be how many of these athletes want to be a head coach? There are many more poc in the coaching profession than before. How many of those are the face of your organization? How many actually want to be and or qualified to coach and run an organization? Is it right? Of course not. It is however the current situation. There are many things being done to give pockets opportunity but it takes time. Is it a shame this is where we are in 2021, absolutely. But we can't ignore that things are being done. There are more poc in NFL coaching than ever before so strides are being made.

If Gruden's out of the Tampa ring of honor, are they gonna give that Lombardi back so they only have one now?

Also, I remember when the Buffalo Bills erased OJ Simpson from their Ring of Honor.

Nope, wait, that didn't happen.
Insane in regards to OJ. and unlike Reggie he kept his Hiesman. That is egregious on all accounts

I'm a free speech absolutist. The simple fact is, that in America, you have a Constitutionally protected right to be a jerk. The emails should never have been leaked.
You do have that right constitutionally protected right to be a jerk. But, that freedom doesn't protect you from the consequences of that right.

The emails were not leaked to the press. They were disseminated to the press. There is a difference you know. LEAKED information doesn't have anyone standing behind the information. The releasing of information under the auspices of the NFL to the press, isn't leaking information. They were well within their purview to do what they want with their Emails, as it was on their servers. There is -0- expectation of privacy on work place servers. So, the email should not have been released by the NFL would be more accurate.

It's really something to see so many people that claim to looove the Constitution just refusing to understand that it doesn't apply to private enterprises.
Yep only applies to government

You do have that right constitutionally protected right to be a jerk. But, that freedom doesn't protect you from the consequences of that right.

The emails were not leaked to the press. They were disseminated to the press. There is a difference you know. LEAKED information doesn't have anyone standing behind the information. The releasing of information under the auspices of the NFL to the press, isn't leaking information. They were well within their purview to do what they want with their Emails, as it was on their servers. There is -0- expectation of privacy on work place servers. So, the email should not have been released by the NFL would be more accurate.
Yep emails especially from or addressed to company email accounts are subject to surveillance

How many pages can this thread hit ? What’s the longest ever ?
Hey do you remember the Swimmer Joe Burrow thread. I think that was at 100s of pages. I dont know why i forgot about thread till now. But swimmer unfortunately deleted it cause coach Petes kid saw it

You know what the most telling of tells is on this thread? All the people who are up in arms about "privacy of work emails" and wanting to know who leaked and punishing the leakers. Rather than the social commentary on what was in the emails. I'm thinking they have said some things they want to hide, and perhaps we are not seeing their true selves.

The rest of us, who are the same in real life as in email. Are not obsessed so much about a fool on a company email server calling his boss a Pu$$y and spewing the trifecta of hate speech (Racism, misogyny and homophobia.) Gruden didn't get fired, he was not pushed out by the league. He wasn't canceled. He resigned. He was no longer a marketable product for the Raiders. Just like the owner and CEO of Pappa Johns was no longer a marketable product for his company, and he resigned as CEO.
You could be right. At the very least, we know there's a lot of ignorance about the lack of privacy on a work e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom