Gruden resigning [CLOSED] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
An organization where majority of leadership & executives are a bunch of old, rich, white millionaires & billionaires and everyone (mostly white American males) is shocked that racist, sexist, homophobic rhetoric is rife within said organization?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
They know, and those Emails will never see the light of day. There is a reason the NFL keeps reiterating that they didnt leak Grudens emails. Dont want to compromise their position and the courts make them open up everything, out of fairness. If we saw them, it may make the entire U.S. mouth drop.
They did. No more Hertz commercials, nor movies, nor NFL spots at all. He is not ever even mentimed in NFL Tributes. Rightfully so....just saying that they absolutely cancelled his butt.

Last edited:
It's really something to see so many people that claim to looove the Constitution just refusing to understand that it doesn't apply to private enterprises.

This is again one of those things that can easily be understood with a first page google search. Like literally click the first drop down bar on the first page of whatever amendment and read a single paragraph. It's really weird that that's somehow a whole type of person now.
Wish I could like this post 100 more times.

It's really something to see so many people that claim to looove the Constitution just refusing to understand that it doesn't apply to private enterprises.

This is again one of those things that can easily be understood with a first page google search. Like literally click the first drop down bar on the first page of whatever amendment and read a single paragraph. It's really weird that that's somehow a whole type of person now.
There are a lot of people on here that like to pound their chests about a lot of things who couldn’t pass a basic government, civics, history science or math lesson. Oh, English, either.

I'm a free speech absolutist. The simple fact is, that in America, you have a Constitutionally protected right to be a jerk. The emails should never have been leaked. With the first link, the chain is forged. Speech that you find 'offensive' is the speech that has to be protected above all else, because it's the easiest to ban, and once you start down that road, it's a slippery slope.
That's interesting but it seems to vary based on your complexion and legal protections sometimes. Certain's group's free speech is protected over others (maybe you have heard of the surveillance of Hoover and harassment of Black Civil Rights leaders like MLK and Malcolm X ). He said what he said on a company server, not to a lawyer, priest, or psychologist (things not protected by confidentially). That's just dumb for him put those thoughts in an email.

Sorry. I was in the hospital for a month. I am at home on oxygen. I have this issue where I can't focus all the time. Covid is a real pain in the rectum. I will go back through my post and see if I can fox everything.
Hope you get fully recovered soon man. Hang in there.

Sorry. I was in the hospital for a month. I am at home on oxygen. I have this issue where I can't focus all the time. Covid is a real pain in the rectum. I will go back through my post and see if I can fox everything.

This wasn't directed at you personally but the idea that you brought up. "It takes time."

The progress that's been made pales in comparison to where we should be as a society given how much time has passed. Saying progress takes time is effectively handwaving the issue away at this point. I know that's not what you meant by it but that's the reality of the statement.

I’ve read nearly every page of this thread. Has even a single person posted anything that implies a high regard for the morals or motives of the NFL organization? Why is it that some of you are posting challenges to others as if someone has??
I've been perplexed by this as well. Everyone knows the NFL is hypocritical, manipulative, applies a double-standard, has low morals and ethics, etc.

So I'm not sure why some posters expect THIS situation to be the one where we declare "Enough is enough!"

You're still here after BountyGate, but apoplectic with the NFL for exposing Jon Gruden? Jon Gruden. Ok.

The modern-day problem with this is corporations and the government are blurring into one and the same. Particularly social media.
Gruden used and communicated via corporate emails to NFL team execs saying what he said. Are you saying the NFL is blurring into one and the same with the government? Because to me that doesn't make a lick of sense.

Gruden used and communicated via corporate emails to NFL team execs saying what he said. Are you saying the NFL is blurring into one and the same with the government? Because to me that doesn't make a lick of sense.
No, I should have been clear I'm not referring to this particular issue. I'm mainly referring to media outlets and large corporations.

This wasn't directed at you personally but the idea that you brought up. "It takes time."

The progress that's been made pales in comparison to where we should be as a society given how much time has passed. Saying progress takes time is effectively handwaving the issue away at this point. I know that's not what you meant by it but that's the reality of the statement.
I tell ya what, 10 years ago I was a different person. I have made it a point to try and change. To try and be more accepting and listen. That's the time I am referring to. I now walk up to my daughter's boyfriend and hug him and give him a kiss on the cheek. He is way smarter than I will ever be. He is good for my daughter. I don't believe I would have felt that way 10 years ago. For me that is change. It may not be fast enough for a person of color, but to be honest 10 years ago I didn't think I had any issues. It was only a personal desire to do better and be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom