Gruden resigning [CLOSED] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but I'm not seeing how your point applies to Gruden's situation.
Again, as I said, it doesn't. My point is the trope that people's First Amendment rights only apply to the government should no longer be seen in such absolute terms. Not when media and large corporations are in bed with the government.

I've been perplexed by this as well. Everyone knows the NFL is hypocritical, manipulative, applies a double-standard, has low morals and ethics, etc.

So I'm not sure why some posters expect THIS situation to be the one where we declare "Enough is enough!"

You're still here after BountyGate, but apoplectic with the NFL for exposing Jon Gruden? Jon Gruden. Ok.
I made the statement early on in this thread that the NFL needed to release all the emails instead of having Gruden be their fall guy otherwise it’s all just lip service just like their concern for concussions was just for show.

I think that most people think the NFL is rife with racists, sexists, homophobic, hypocritical, unethical sacks of shirt. That’s why almost everyone in this thread wants the rest of the emails to be exposed.

Again, as I said, it doesn't. My point is the trope that people's First Amendment rights only apply to the government should no longer be seen in such absolute terms. Not when media and large corporations are in bed with the government.
You’re seeing ghosts. Both of these entities deserve criticism, but this is forcing an issue in an attempt to legitimate your misunderstanding and/or misrepresentation of basic Constitutional legalities and protections.

Emily Applegate was just speaking on CNN about how toxic & destructive the work environment was at the Washington football headquarters.

As she was speaking her boobs were hanging out of her shirt with a glaring 4 inches of cleavage.

I don’t get it. Men don’t interview with their b**** hanging out.

Why should women be shocked if folks stare when 1/2 their chest is exposed?!?!?

Yesterday we received our first Christmas 🎄 catalog for 2021. Sure enough, right on the cover is a lady with her boobs hanging out with 4 inches of cleavage & a man is putting a jewelry around her neck.

Does not matter to me how folks want to dress, I just can’t understand the dichotomy between how men & women appear in professional settings…..ESPECIALLY when they are fighting for the cause of being respected in the workplace?!?!?!
Why did you conjure up that image? They look like they're perpetually on the verge of hatching.

And how is it that you keep stumbling upon exactly 4 inches of boobs?

It's not a trope. It's the Constitution. It has to be seen in those "absolute" terms....because it's the Constitution. Private enterprise and government corruption is a tale as old as time. Especially in American history. But it's pretty explicitly clear that our Constitutional rights do not include private matters.

I tell ya what, 10 years ago I was a different person. I have made it a point to try and change. To try and be more accepting and listen. That's the time I am referring to. I now walk up to my daughter's boyfriend and hug him and give him a kiss on the cheek. He is way smarter than I will ever be. He is good for my daughter. I don't believe I would have felt that way 10 years ago. For me that is change. It may not be fast enough for a person of color, but to be honest 10 years ago I didn't think I had any issues. It was only a personal desire to do better and be better.

Good. I don't mean to diminish any personal progress you or anyone else has made. Individually many people have gone through the same process you have. But the issue is systemic and unfortunately individual change isn't enough to overcome that, at least not in a reasonable timeframe.

I think this topic has demonstrated that quite well; many have taken issue with HOW this information came out instead of the substance of it. There really shouldn't be a debate about that.

You’re seeing ghosts. Both of these entities deserve criticism, but this is forcing an issue in an attempt to legitimate your misunderstanding and/or misrepresentation of basic Constitutional legalities and protections.
I'm seeing reality.

I made the statement early on in this thread that the NFL needed to release all the emails instead of having Gruden be their fall guy otherwise it’s all just lip service just like their concern for concussions was just for show.

I think that most people think the NFL is rife with racists, sexists, homophobic, hypocritical, unethical sacks of shirt. That’s why almost everyone in this thread wants the rest of the emails to be exposed.
That’s where I’m at. I know the NFL is full of problems, so them making Gruden the fall guy (so that they could show some faux morals) is the infuriating part. Fire him (what he wrote was NSFW, and to do it on a company email when anyone with common sense knows that’s a no-no), but don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining. He isn’t alone, and everyone from owners to janitors should be put on display. Fire him, but to only let him go would leave the person releasing emails simply an agent of chaos, not an agent of change.

Air it all out. Don’t stop with Gruden, let the whole palace collapse on Goodell’s watch.

Last edited:
I'm seeing reality.

And I am not?

This is the third time this comment about the “real world” or “reality” has been made to contradict me. But the first two times it was never explained how my world was not real or less real than his.

Never answered.

What reality am I not seeing? Connect the dots. Actual ones.

All I see is vague accusation and suggestive innuendo

And I am not?

This is the third time this comment about the “real world” or “reality” has been made to contradict me. But the first two times it was never explained how my world was not real or less real than his.

Never answered.

What reality am I not seeing? Connect the dots. Actual ones.

All I see is vague accusation and suggestive innuendo
This is the type of behavior I'm referring to.

I'm seeing reality.
If the reality you're suggesting is that governments and corporations are constantly proving themselves to be corrupt then yea, we're all in agreement I think. It's the other stuff you're suggesting that is not exactly reality. Namely, from what I've gathered, about the Constitution and what it does as a governing document.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom