Gruden resigning [CLOSED] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the words of The Jam (and several posters in this thread), that’s entertainment.

Can anyone NOT see Dave smoking and laughing at this story while telling (whoever is within earshot) “I don’t care, I got paid.” Lol

Last edited:
If the reality you're suggesting is that governments and corporations are constantly proving themselves to be corrupt then yea, we're all in agreement I think. It's the other stuff you're suggesting that is not exactly reality. Namely, from what I've gathered, about the Constitution and what it does as a governing document.
In many areas, including free speech rights, corporations are acting as agents of the government. Sorry you can't seem to grasp this dangerous reality.

Again, as I said, it doesn't. My point is the trope that people's First Amendment rights only apply to the government should no longer be seen in such absolute terms. Not when media and large corporations are in bed with the government.
The problem with doing that with the Constitution is that once you allow a breach in the wall it's like a levee breaking and...where does it stop? This goes for BOTH sides of various issues. The Constitution is far from perfect, but it's what we've got.

In many areas, including free speech rights, corporations are acting as agents of the government. Sorry you can't seem to grasp this dangerous reality.
None of this is new. The NY Post article you linked is just another thing in a looong line of things that have been happening for many, many years now. The WH of a standing presidential administration has something to say about a private corporation's goings-on? No way!!! It does NOT pertain to the first amendement. Does it suck? Depends on how you feel about it. Given the particular publication you chose, I'd say you think it does. It has absolutely no bearing on the Constitution.

This is the type of behavior I'm referring to.

This was your second chance to connect the dots. And all you have is a link to an nypost article, which actually reads more like an editorial.

There’s no explanation nor link nor justification. You keep making the claim - a bold one, at that, but have only continued to use the power of suggestion and some variation of innuendo in place of actually demonstrating the integrity of your argument

And still no explanation about how what I see and live in is not reality.

You’re only hurting your own credibility with this sort of casual laziness

Ok, so how is arbitrarily expanding the application of the Constitution a solution to this issue?
There's no need to expand the constitution. But to rather enforce the constitution.

Legislatively, a good place to start is enforcing anti-trust laws on the books. Companies such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google hold far too much power to manipulate public information through defacto censorship.

None of this is new. The NY Post article you linked is just another thing in a looong line of things that have been happening for many, many years now. The WH of a standing presidential administration has something to say about a private corporation's goings-on? No way!!! It does NOT pertain to the first amendement. Does it suck? Depends on how you feel about it. Given the particular publication you chose, I'd say you think it does. It has absolutely no bearing on the Constitution.
You have already put more time in the article than he.

I seriously wonder how old some of you are.
As a young person, I believed whatever came out of the TV news. The government was good and looked out for my best interest. As I’ve grown older I traveled the world. I’ve seen how governments oppress a population. When a new regime comes in they use the enforcement arm of the government to attack their political enemies. They install their people in all levels. Why ? To control the dam money that’s what it all comes down to. Going to other places opened my eyes as to the same crap other governments do, ours does to. It hasn’t just started either, it’s been going on my whole life. I just didn’t have enough experience to see it as a young person.If you are looking for utopia and justice I hate to tell you but it doesn’t exist. Nowhere. Whoever is in power and authority abuses, it’s human nature. Not everyone is going to like you and you can’t legislate human feelings. Whether it be for the color of your skin, your hair cut, one leg shorter than the other whatever. Don’t sweat it, keep pushing on, love what you can love and try to let the sun shine on your face every now and then. If you like the Saints then you are my friend by proxy and are welcome at my table anytime.
Rant over, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom