GTA V Announced (2 Viewers)

Kotaku is saying it will be set in Los Angeles. So if true, looks like it might be Los Santos again. I loved all of San Andreas. Kind of hoping it would include Venturas as well.

San Andreas was alot of fun. Soundtrack was below Vice City, but not by much. What I hated was the never ending backwoods.

I have no problem with a very large scale area to play in, just use it all.

Any word on what era the game will be set in? I've been known to just listen to the talk radio and commercials just to see what the writers are taking digs at.

San Andreas was alot of fun. Soundtrack was below Vice City, but not by much. What I hated was the never ending backwoods.

Any word on what era the game will be set in? I've been known to just listen to the talk radio and commercials just to see what the writers are taking digs at.

It's the one thing I know about you. Big talk radio guy.

I have a feeling it'll be modern day again, which I'm fine with (though like others said, I'd take an updated 80's Vice City in a heartbeat).

I have a feeling it'll be L.A. (actually I'm hearing word it may be a real life L.A., as opposed to Los Santos), and I'm actually hoping they keep some of those wooded surrounding areas like in San Andreas. After seeing what they did with the topography in Red Dead Redemption, I'd love to see them build on that in GTA V (the Joshua Tree area perhaps?)

Man I can't wait to get a first look tomorrow, I just hope its not almost a full 2 years before the game actually comes out, like they did with the GTA IV preview.

i saw what you did there

Haha gimme a sec. I just took it out because I think it'll be too tempting for you guys not to look, and you're not able to cut and paste so I'm re-writing it up in Word so I can just post it here, leaving out the end part. Don't wanna spoil it for you guys like it was just spoiled for me.:rant:

And its gotta be accurate because he totally nailed the protagonist/setting before the video was even released.

Ok so here's rumours of what's going to be featured in the game apparently, according to the site I read anyway. Here's the link to where I got it, so you all don't think I'm on crazy pills. WARNING!!!: It gives away the end of the game. I just typed it up so you guys wouldn't see it, it really grinded my gears to see that. And I got it from another sports message board I'm a member on, where it was linked.
Link: http://i.imgur.com/LjY0K.png
*Doesn't necessarily mean its accurate, but the guy did mention that a) it was in San Andreas, and b) the protagonist was Hispanic, before the trailer was even released. So it seems he has some credibility anyway.

- The protagonist is Hispanic and his name is Adrian
- It takes place in San Andreas in the year 2012. The Mayan end of the world thing is parodied a lot b/c of this.
- You start out in Los Santos and are in rival's turf, Varrios Los Aztecas, after getting beaten up and robbed.
- The game revolves around money in a big way but I don't want to ruin it.
- Multiplayer is in again. 32 player game mode for consoles, 64 for PC.
- San Andreas includes all the same cities from GTA SA. They have all become larger & more detailed.
- Gang turf wars are back. Also have different sets within a gang (e.g. 57th Ballas, Eastside Azteca). Each set has its own unique graffiti
- Timeline continues off of GTA 4, its referenced a lot. Niko mentioned a couple times.
- Car modding / lowriding is back.
- 9 different radio stations, featuring a range of music. Better selection than GTA 4.
- Military has returned in the 6 star wanted level, except they are referred to as National Guard.
- Cover system upgraded, smoother.
- The moral decisions from GTA 4 are more prominent, lead to separate game endings (2 good, 2 bad - hello replay value)
- More girlfriends
- Parachutes
- Fun cheats are back!
<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom