Guess which team Jerome Bettis thinks impresses him the most?? (1 Viewer)

rsonza

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Guess which team Jerome Bettis thinks impresses him the most?? Yup, the New Orleans Saints.

The Saints are impressive. The team that's most impressed me so far: New Orleans. Hanging 48 points on the Eagles' defense is no joke, but here's what really excites me: they're smart. Drew Brees gets the ball to the open player and only the open player. He's not about one particular guy. Including Jeremy Shockey, they've now got five or six receivers who are plenty capable, and Drew will always find the open one.

Another thing that impresses me is that this team is not fixated on getting the ball to Reggie Bush anymore, and that's huge. For a few years, that was an issue. Now Reggie's an asset, not a focal point.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jerome_bettis/09/21/week2/index.html?eref=sihpT1

I think the Bus will be completely forgotten about in only a few years. His time was a couple of years ago and he's proven he can't hang as a talking head.

i totally agree with the bush thing.
i feel that 2007 when colston went down, the main focus was just give the ball to bush.

i totally agree with the bush thing.
i feel that 2007 when colston went down, the main focus was just give the ball to bush.

I don't think it was a terrible thing. I just don't think it was the right thing to do. We have gotten past that and now Reggie can shine without having to. He can just shine like the rest of our offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom